Chapter 351-352

Chapter 351 Old Madam Rudely Insists On Moving Objects

After hearing that, Old Madam put on a fiercer face as she became angrier, knocking on the ground a few times with her walking sticks, chiding with her deep voice, “Girl Tong, you’d better apologize to your second sister now. Families like us place value on respect. Don’t fool around and lose your decency.”

Apologize? Mo Xuetong lifted up her head and sneered. Not only was she a princess, but her position as a consort after marriage would also mean that there’s no need for her to apologize to a businesswoman like Mo Xueyan. Furthermore, her apology today would invoke rumors everywhere, judging from the unfriendly faces of the nannies beside her.

It was merely one purpose to move the objects today, but not the main objective!

Before the matter was made clear, Old Madam needed to suppress her and mess around, thinking she was still the doted on Mo Xuetong like before.

Many more entered the living room then and Mo Xuetong saw a retreating figure at the corner of her eyes. She pulled on Mo Lan’s hand, signaling her to follow the person from the crowd.

A simmer of coldness flashed across Mo Xuetong’s face as her face turned serious, “Old Madam, I am a woman of the imperial family, and that surely is a prestigious position. However, Second Sister was merely the daughter of a business family, having a lower status in society. Comparing our status, it is clear who the more prestigious one is. Is it so that the face of the imperial family cannot be compared to that of a businesswoman? Where do you place the face of the imperial family and that of the law? If someone reports this to the Emperor, second sister can be charged because of the few words she said.”

Her words were extremely sharp and direct as if she wanted to seriously deal with Mo Xueyan. The crowd was shocked at her response and the few nannies behind Old Madam retreated a few steps, shutting their mouths in the process. If they angered Princess Anping, the Old Madam and Second Miss might not be harmed as they were relatives. However, their lives might be lost.

Mo Xueyan froze and was speechless and nervous since her sister had upgraded this small conflict between girls to a higher level, suppressing using her status. She gritted her teeth since Mo Xuetong called her a businesswoman but she dared not rebut since it did concern the imperial family’s status, something a peasant like her should not talk about.

Furthermore, she was about to marry into Mingguo Manor, and she knew her place.

Even so, she could not just suffer in silence as she ran to Old Madam and cried to her, “Grandmother, Third Sister uses her status to suppress me! Is there a need to talk about status in our family!”

She implied that Mo Xuetong was using her power to bully her.

“Of course we shouldn’t be talking about status amongst sisters. However, if the second sister insisted on discussing this topic, it would be my fault if I didn’t clarify my stance.” Before Old Madam could reply, Mo Xuetong answered coldly.

She directly ignored Mo Xueyan’s useless ramblings and used her own words against her own argument. Mo Xueyan was shamed by that, as she noticed that she was not as weak as when she first saw her. Old Madam looked at her in hatred as she figured that her sharp mouth was like the bitch Luo Xia, and thought that it was indeed a terrible idea to follow the Luo Xia bitch.

Old Madam was not Mo Xueyan and knew that there would be no consensus on this topic. Hence, she coughed, suppressing the many whispers in the room. She then patted Mo Xueyan’s head as her face turned into once of benevolence. “Girl Tong, let’s not talk about these. I only came here to take my things. I used them for a long time and thought that they were comfortable for me. Now, I was living with your second uncle and figured that I shall bring everything there so we need not buy new ones.”