Chapter 591-592

Chapter 591 The Crown Prince of the Southern Barbarian Lands Arrived in the Capital

The lengthening chariot was pulled by eight horses, on which there was a huge canopy. The flying gauze covered the people inside. A slender figure could be faintly seen half-leaning inside. On both sides, there were palace maids, eunuchs, and bodyguards holding all kinds of items, standing by the chariot, valiantly and alertly.

Behind the huge chariot was a large carriage. The decoration of the carriage was gorgeous and beautiful. At first glance, one could tell that it was extraordinary. The curtain of the carriage was lifted, and one could see that two beautiful women were bending over the window and looking at the scenery outside with interest. The guards beside them were not surprised and did not even raise their heads.

Suddenly, a group of people came in front of them. When they met, the carriage and chariot stopped. The woman sitting in the back carriage deliberately turned her head to see what was going on ahead. However, she was stopped by the nanny who was sitting aside. So she had to sit down again and put on a dignified look.

“Your Highness, this place is five kilometers away from the capital of the Qin Kingdom. The lord mayor of the Qin Kingdom is here to welcome Your Highness and Her Highness.” A guard jumped off his horse nimbly and ran ahead to ask before rushing over.

“Lord mayor!” The man in the chariot’s voice was gentle. He put down the book in his hand and thought for a moment. Then, he continued lightly, “Ask Lord Mayor Mo to come over.”

“Yes!” The guard trotted ahead and soon led Mo Huawen to the chariot.

“Greetings, Your Highness. I heard that you’re already here. His Majesty has ordered us to wait for you here.” Mo Huawen cupped his hands respectfully as a greeting. In order to show the importance the Qin Kingdom attached to the Crown Prince and the Princess of the Southern Barbarian Lands, Mo Huawen was ordered to welcome them in the place five kilometers away from the capital. And King Xuan was waiting outside the city gates to welcome the guests.

“You don’t have to be so polite, Sir Mo. I came late and caused you trouble!” Inside the chariot, the Crown Prince of Southern Barbarian Lands, Xieyue, said politely. He coughed twice and asked people to lift up the gauze curtain before the chariot.

A pale and handsome face was revealed under the gauze curtain. If not for the fact that he was really pale, he would have been a handsome young man. Mo Huawen looked at him carefully before lowering his head again. He had long heard that the Crown Prince of the Southern Barbarian Lands was in poor health. It seemed true now. His complexion was slightly different from that of a normal person and he looked a little weak. Fortunately, he looked good in other aspects.

Since they were going to live in King Xuan’s Manor, the manor had already brought several imperial physicians with brilliant medical skills from the palace, afraid that something would happen to the Crown Prince in the manor. Although he looked pale, he did not look like he would fall ill easily.

“No, I’m not troubled. I will lead Your Highness to the city. His Highness King Xuan is already waiting for you at the city gates.”

Before Xieyue could say anything, Princess Caifeng, who was on the carriage behind the chariot, urged the horses forward. When she heard Mo Huawen mentioning King Xuan, she involuntarily pouted and asked, “King Xuan? The eighth prince who only knows about enjoying himself with feasting and other kinds of entertainment and usually doesn’t work, King Xuan?”

“Caifeng, don’t be rude!” Xieyue scolded coldly.

“Yes, Royal Brother!” Princess Caifeng closed her mouth grievously. Then she secretly pursed her lips in disdain. She had not said anything wrong. King Xuan’s reputation was just like that. Ever since she entered the Qin Kingdom, she had heard of King Xuan the most. It was said that he had enough concubines in his back yard to make an army. Such a man was the last thing Princess Caifeng liked.