Chapter 453-454

Chapter 453 The Letter from Mo Xueqiong

Who would be in the mood to embroider wedding robes? He Yuxiu threw the threads and wedding robes onto the ground and said angrily, “Pick, pick, pick. What do you want me to pick? He’s a terrible person, what’s there to pick!”

“Oh, Second Sister, what’s the matter? Who doesn’t want to pick? Did the maids cause trouble and make you angry? I will tell Father and have him punish them.” A mirthful voice could be heard from the door. He Yufen, who was dressed in a flower-patterned dress entered with a bright smile.

He Yuxiu’s face paled with anger when she saw He Yufen entering.

He Yufen seemed not to notice He Yuxiu’s hateful gaze. She entered with a smile and picked up the wedding robe from the floor. Then, she put it against the light from the entrance and praised, “Second Sister, you’ve got great taste. The style that you chose is much better than mine. No wonder you are getting married first. I, as your elder sister, really can’t compare to you.”

She sounded as if she were mocking He Yuxiu. Coupled with her sickly sweet expression, He Yuxiu felt as if she had swallowed a fly. She recalled what happened in the palace. He Yufen had actually worked together with Consort Zhao to push all the blame to her. Her reputation had been utterly destroyed and she could not even reject her marriage to Yu Mingyong. When she thought of all that had happened, a hint of hatred flashed in her eyes.

She ripped the wedding robe from He Yufen’s hands and threw it onto the ground. She smirked and said, “Elder Sister, you must be kidding. Didn’t Sir Yu like you? You were so disobedient to Uncle and were determined to marry Sir Yu. Why are you suddenly attaching yourself to King Xuan all of a sudden? It is a pity that Cousin is so very handsome and his consort is beautiful. You are really not good-looking enough!”

She was making a jab at He Yufen for being fickle-minded and her wishful thinking. She humiliated He Yufen in front of all the maids and tore off the fake mask that He Yufen wore.

“You…” He Yufen’s gentle smile showed signs of shattering. She exhaled deeply and calmed herself down. She no longer pretended to be gentle and instead, said coldly, “Second Sister, are you dissatisfied with Father and Uncle’s decision then? Uncle even told me earlier before I came that if you are disobedient, there are many more obedient people out there. Any beautiful woman will be able to seduce Sir Yu. It is not difficult to have the family swap you out. Then, you won’t even have a place to cry.”

He Yuxiu paled when she heard that and fear flashed through her eyes. However, she gritted her teeth and said hatefully, “He Yufen, don’t be too proud yet. You have to see if you are lucky enough to become Consort Xuan. You might end up even worse than me.”

“Don’t worry, there are plenty of men out there like Yu Mingyong. Any man will be better than him. Second Sister, there are already so many illegitimate children in that family before you even marry him. When you are old and ugly, he will just get rid of you. If we want to compare who is worse off, you will be ten times worse off than me. What is it? Do you dare to compare yourself to me? Don’t come begging then. If you speak any more nonsense, I will go and tell Father that you do not want to marry. You know what will happen next.”

He Yufen held her head up high proudly as she mocked He Yuxiu. Her tone was threatening.

He Yuxiu was so angry she almost raged. She wrung her handkerchief tightly and glared at He Yufen hatefully. However, she did not say another word. She gritted her teeth tightly, the viciousness in her eyes glowed. However, she slowly hid the viciousness in her eyes. He Yufen, that slut. One day, she would stomp on her.