Chapter 513-514

Chapter 513 The Arrogant First Miss Yun

“Oh, it’s you, Cousin.” Luo Mingzhu hurried over to help Yun Ya up. She held her hand and said with a smile, “I thought who the beauty was. You turn out to be Cousin Ya. Why are you here, Cousin Ya? I heard that you’re getting engaged, and I was wondering what to give you as a present. I’m really surprised to see you here, Cousin Ya.”

Hearing her words, everyone couldn’t help glancing at Yun Ya.

Yun Ya looked about 15 or 16 years old. Since she was making an engagement, she must be getting married. Why did she come all the way to the capital at this time? It was weird.

“Nonsense. Who said your cousin is getting engaged? It is just that someone else has taken a fancy to her. Alright, let’s not talk about this. Anyway, it’s over.” At the sight of the suspicious gazes of the crowd, Madam Qu glared at Luo Mingzhu. She smiled awkwardly and scolded her.

Luo Mingzhu gently patted her face and smilingly scolded herself, “Okay, okay, okay. I got it, mother. I put my foot in my mouth again. Look at my mouth, it always speaks nonsense. Don’t be angry, Cousin Ya.”

“Cousin, what are you talking about? How can I be angry with you?” Yun Ya gently replied with a blush. She looked like a lady from a respectable family.

At this point, someone came and said that King Xuan invited the madams and ladies to take their seats.

Mo Xuetong stood up with a smile and led everyone into the garden. The scenery in the garden was beautiful; clusters of blooming flowers were dotted with dense green leaves, making the entire garden lively. The madams and ladies spread out, walked on their way while admiring the beautiful scenery in the garden.

Concubine Qin and the other concubines followed closely behind Mo Xuetong.

“Who are these people?” Walking with Mo Xuetong, Luo Mingzhu saw Concubine Qin who was three or four steps behind Mo Xuetong. She knew the woman in the front: it was said that she was the daughter of Duke Wanping, who had been sent to King Xuan’s Manor. This girl used to be full of pride. Unexpectedly, she came to King Xuan’s Manor without a title in the end.

Luo Mingzhu felt pity for her for a while.

However, even though she looked down and followed behind Mo Xuetong, a hint of disdain could be seen in her eyes. Luo Mingzhu disliked her manner very much. She was just a concubine without a position. How dared she look at Consort Xuan like that? She was too conceited. That was the reason she pointed at them and asked arrogantly.

Mo Xuetong smiled lightly and answered unconcernedly, “They are just a few concubines. You don’t have to care about them.” She could tell that Luo Mingzhu was trying to help her vent her anger.

“You’re right. There are so many concubines in King Xuan’s Manor. I heard that His Highness used to like to gather all kinds of concubines and then send them out.” Luo Mingzhu took a look at Concubine Qin and Concubine He, especially at the face of Concubine Xiang, who wore loose clothes and looked obviously pale. She smiled, and her remarks appeared to be directed at someone. Then, she stopped looking at them and walked forward with Mo Xuetong.

The calmness on Concubine Qin’s face had disappeared. Her expression stiffened and a hint of anger flashed through her eyes. She almost failed to control her temper. But casting a glance at Luo Mingzhu in front of her, she suppressed the anger in her heart. Four Great Manors were the noblest. Even in the past, she could not afford to offend them.

Although He Yufen was still smiling, there was also a flash of jealousy and hate in her eyes.

Only Concubine Xiang, who walked at the end of the crowd, still seemed to bear no grudge, looking as frail as ever.