Chapter 363-364

Chapter 363 Anhe Palace and Consort Xian’s Past

They did not go to Cining Palace in the end. The three pairs of newlyweds had only just left Qianqing palace when the Empress Dowager’s servants came to tell them that the Empress Dowager was ill. She had fallen asleep after taking medicine and told them to visit when they are free. That meant that she was not in the mood to receive them. The Empress Dowager’s status was still higher than theirs, as such, everyone just said something to show their concern.

Then, the three pairs of newlyweds left!

Feng Yuxuan wanted to take Ling Fengyan to see Consort Su. Feng Yulei and You Yue’e returned to King Yan’s Manor. Feng Yuran brought Mo Xuetong to a palace that had not been lived in for a long while!

Anhe Palace.

It was silent in the great all. Consort Xian had long passed away. However, while it was quiet in the great hall, it was not in ruins. It was obvious that someone had been keeping it clean and even the incense in the incense pot was kept burning, releasing wafts of fragrance. The faint floral scent was very comforting.

Feng Yuran dragged Mo Xuetong to kneel on the carpet in front of the couch. His long lashes lowered to hide the pain that flickered in his eyes. He held Mo Xuetong’s hand for a long while without speaking.

Even though he was smiling, his smile had a hint of sadness in it.

He thought of how he had lost his mother at a young age and was almost killed by others. Then, he had no choice but to leave and go to other places.

Mo Xuetong’s heart hurt for him. She held his hand and comforted him softly, “If Mother knows that you are still healthy and alive, she would definitely be very happy.”

“So what, she cannot see anything now.” Feng Yuran said lightly. He pulled Mo Xuetong up and made her sit on a chair by the side.

“How can she not see? Mother is watching you in the sky and she can see that you are happy.” Mo Xuetong did not let go and pulled him into a chair beside hers. In the palace, children who lost the protection of their mother would find it extremely difficult to survive. One would know just by looking at the many princes born in the palace and at how many who survived to adulthood.

The Empress protected the Third Prince while Consort Su protected the First Prince. He was the only one without a mother and had almost died. She thought of what Mo Ye said. He had worked hard on his martial arts. She felt pity for him. She reached out and hugged Feng Yuran’s waist. She leaned her head over and said, “We have to be happy in the future so that Mother will be happy when she sees us in the sky.”

Feng Yuran reached out to hug Mo Xuetong and smelt the faint fragrance of incense on her. He exhaled and felt for the first time that coming to this place did not make him sad. His heart, which had been heavy, suddenly felt lighter. He kissed her hair gently, the kiss filled with tenderness and love.

He suddenly had the urge to share some of the things he had never told anyone.

“Mother was not favored in her family. She was just an adoptee and was not really a First Miss. She did not have a good time there. The family was also normal and if Father had not had a chance encounter with her, she would still be an unfavored adopted child.” Feng Yuran recalled lightly.

So she was adopted. But even so, Feng Yuran should not hate his maternal family that much. Even biological daughters might not be close to their families, much less adopted daughters. She did not believe that Feng Yuran would destroy his mother’s family just because of such an insignificant matter. Furthermore, there was still Emperor Zongwen. The Emperor had not stopped him, which meant that there was another reason why Feng Yuran’s mother’s family was destroyed.