Chapter 215-216

Chapter 215: A Beautiful Girl and a Fine View at a Windy and Snowy Night

When Mo Xuemin was anxious, Mo Xuetong was quite relaxed as if she knew nothing about what happened at the manor.

That afternoon, there was another heavy snow. Pieces of snow and clusters of snow were flying in the air like cotton. It was endless, and all was covered in the snow. The whole place was covered in white snow and looked particularly beautiful. Mo Xuetong's room was warm inside. By the side were several stoves, which were filled with burning first-class smokeless coal.

It was already dusk and the snow was falling freely and slowly from the sky which made the sky and the ground all white.

Mo Lan shook off the snow on her shoulders and walked in.

Mo Xuetong lifted her head from the books and asked, "Haven't it stopped snowing yet?"

Mo Lan smilingly nodded, "It's still snowing heavily. Nanny Ming just sent someone to ask what you want to eat. The Old Sir went out earlier and wasn't back until now. He sent someone to say that he would have a gathering with his colleagues tonight and may not have time to go back to eat with you."

Mo Xuetong had been eating with her father these days. When thinking her father wouldn't be here today, she really didn't know what to eat.

Mo Lan rubbed her hands together by the stove to warm herself. Then she just stood there to wait for Mo Xuetong's response.

Seeing her feeling so cold, Mo Xuetong smilingly asked a little maidservant to pour a cup of warm water for her. Then Mo Xuetong put the book down, stood up, and pushed the window open to have a look. Then she noticed that the snowflakes had already turned into clusters of snow and the white view was the only thing left outside. There was only an end left out on the roof far away, which was a high eaves angle.

It was indeed quite heavy snow.

Mo Xuetong suggested smilingly, "Mo Lan, tell Nanny Ming that there is no need to prepare rice for us today. Some meat will do. I heard that there is some mutton and venison delivered in this morning, maybe we can roast it here."

On hearing the words, Mo Yu agreed and clapped. "Okay, okay. I'll ask them to bring some fruit baskets along. When we finish eating the roasted meat, we can have some fruit. The flavor will be so... Well, miss, there is some new fruit wine in the kitchen which I heard to be tasty. I'll go to ask Nanny Ming to prepare some too."

Mo Lan complained sweetly. "Little maidservant, you are only thinking about eating. You are already naughty before Miss says anything and only care about what to eat."

Mo Yu secretly smiled and twitched her mouth. She just smiled and blinked at Mo Ye, which seemed really cute.

Mo Ye also got interested in her words, "Good food must be accompanied with good wine. Miss, you can wait for me to go with Mo Yu."

At the moment, Mo Xuetong had nothing to worry about and her father was not there either. If they could really roast the meat and appreciate the snow happily, it would be a joyous thing!

After Mo Xuetong decided, she sent Mo Yu and Mo Ye out. Mo Lan organized the maidservants to light the furnace and prepared various seasonings. They placed plates of fruit and cooked fine tea there.

Before everything got ready, Mo Yu and Mo Ye led the nannies there to send the meat and wine!

It was busy and warm in the yard. Mo Lan and other maidservants took off the overcoat and the golden and silver bracelets on their wrists. They pulled up the sleeves and roasted the meat above the fire. In only a while, the entire room was filled with the strong smell of kebabs.