Chapter 253-254

Chapter 253 How Could He Treat Her like That

Mo Xuetong fell silent. She immediately understood what Feng Yuran meant.

Ling Fengyan was an important chess piece in the Empress' hands. She was incredibly useful no matter whether she married King Yan or King Chu.

However, no matter who she wanted to marry, Ling Fengyan's reputation could not be damaged.

As such, Ling Fengyan would not speak about what happened tonight. She would not say anything even to the Empress. That was because the Empress' interest was not hers. She would not allow the Empress to manipulate her. She would not be able to retaliate if the Empress had any information that could be used against her.

Mo Xuetong was speechless when she understood that.

He had already thought of what she had long ago. And he had set up a trap for Ling Fengyan to fall into. Even though Mo Xuetong was not sure what hew as up to exactly, she knew that this was not his only plot. Ling Fengyan was not the only one involved either. There was still King Ning as well as the Empress Dowager who stood behind him.

When she thought of how the Empress Dowager, who had always been working behind the scenes, was the one with the most plans, Mo Xuetong could not help but be secretly shocked.

"Be careful." Mo Xuetong said. Then, she realized what she said and hurriedly turned away to hide the shyness in her eyes.

"Tong'er, are you concerned for me?" Feng Yuran's eyes gleamed. He had been lying on the couch but immediately sat up when he heard that. He straightened his clothes out and smiled widely.

His handsome eyes were like the starry skies at night. They were brilliant and full of life. His eyes looked as if they were lit up in flames. Then, he said again happily, "Tong'er is indeed concerned for me."

Mo Xuetong could not help but roll her eyes. She did not see the brilliant smile behind her but knew that he was extremely pleased. She wanted to bite her tongue off. How could the words just slip out of her mouth? She sounded like a wife who was concerned for her husband.

Her face flushed when she thought about that. However, she complained, "Your Highness, even though you are talented and courageous, you must not let your guard down. Since we are hanging on the same thread, I would naturally have to be considerate towards you."

"On the same red thread?" Feng Yuran twisted her words, making her blush.

Mo Xuetong knew that he was doing it intentionally and was secretly shy and annoyed. She then steeled herself and turned around to look at him. She said, "Your Highness, you reminded me not to go out too much during this period. Is there something about to happen that has to do with me? Please let me know. Otherwise, I might ruin your plans. I believe that solving the problem early is more important than coming up with conjectures."

She had wanted to say this earlier and relaxed for some reason after she said that. This was something she needed to solve right now.

"Tong'er, you are indeed smart. You noticed this so easily." Feng Yuran smiled and waved, gesturing for her to sit.

Mo Xuetong hesitated for a moment before moving toward him slowly. Since she had decided to marry him and to go through thick and thin with him, they must not be split on some things. In her past life, she had been hurt emotionally. In this life, she just wanted to be alive to protect those she should protect. She did not want to think about anything else.

It was already a blessing to marry someone who could protect her. What more could she ask for!

But why did her heart lose control as he approached her...