Chapter 207-208

Chapter 207 Shocked, Behind the Gentle Smile were Threats

Bai Yihao pushed the door open and walked in. Seeing the room empty, he knew Mo Xuetong must be inside. He had just heard that Fifth Princess had blocked the way and he left right after he set down the book and got down from the bed. He even forgot to bring the Qin. Then after he led all the misses to the Qin House did he realize that he had forgotten to bring the Qin. He knew Mo Xuetong was in the room and no others were suitable to get in. Therefore, he came by himself.

He had just taken the Qin and was ready to go out when a figure appeared who was a secret guard.

The secret guard knelt down and replied with something in his hand, "Sir, the First Prince was already..."

Bai Yihao hesitated for a minute and instantly realized something. Then he rushed in.

Mo Xuetong who was inside also hesitated. Before she could react, a white figure appeared. She was about to talk when her body softened and she passed out into complete darkness.

Bai Yihao reached out to hold her waist and asked in a low voice, "What happened?"

The secret guard was shocked. Seeing the sir rushing in so quickly and hearing someone passing out, he thought that his sir was in danger. Then he quickly moved and tried to rush in.

"Just reply outside." Bai Yihao's cold voice rarely contained grimness and successfully stopped the secret guard.

The secret guard didn't dare to get in anymore and knelt outside on his one knee, "Sir, the First Prince hasn't been to the Qin Kingdom since he went back the last time. I put the painting on his desk, and he secretly dispatched people to look for the beauty in the painting. He even hardly went to the Empress's palace, which made the Empress quite unsatisfied."

In the room, Bai Yihao lightly held Mo Xuetong with a gentle smile on his face. He reached out to feel her head. And the delicate and soft body leaned on him without the caution and distance she usually held. At the time, she was beautiful like a porcelain doll. She had those long and black eyelashes, a small nose and pink lips which were bright and sweet like honey. Her bushy long hair was a little disheveled, and some of it scattered on her pure white little face, which made the childish face look delicate and bring others' care for her.

His breath got a little rapid and his strong arms gently held the girl. His gentle face was somehow flushed.

He leaned over his head and gently put her soft body on the couch. Then he took the quilt over and carefully covered her in it and tucked her in. At last, he turned around and left.

Sitting in front of the Qin and touching the strings which made a nice sound, he lifted his lips and smiled, "Send the message out in the Yan Kingdom. How did the investigation go in the Qin Kingdom?"

The secret guard told him all and presented him with all the files he had searched these days, "I still didn't find who it was. Those misses from the duke's manors who were all about thirty years old were basically similar to each other. So I am not sure who it was. However, it couldn't possibly be Ding General Manor. Besides, Fu General Manor was the simplest. Their only miss married to Mo Manor in Cloud City years ago and died young."

Four Great Manors each were described in separate files. In the files recorded the things happened in Four Great Manors these thirty years.

It was not detailed but very explaining.

Bai Yihao said lightly, "Pay more attention to the behaviors of King Yan, King Chu and their confidants who were restless." He elegantly took over the files and casually flipped them.