Chapter 577-578

Chapter 577 It’s Convenient to Use the People I borrowed

Mo Xuetong did not expect Shopkeeper Xing to be so efficient. The next morning, she received news that the woman in the painting was now in King Chu’s Manor. She was Consort Chu’s personal maid who usually stayed by Consort Chu’s side, but she would not go out when Consort Chu left the manor. She would only help Consort Chu manage the matters of the manor.

Yu Sirong had entered King Chu’s Manor? Mo Xuetong did not expect a casual move of hers to be so useful.

Mo Xuetong paused for a moment and then asked Mo Ye to send a message to Shopkeeper Xing, asking him to keep an eye on Yu Sirong’s unusual actions. Yu Sirong returned to the capital secretly, but did not go to her parents or relatives. Instead, she sold herself as a servant and entered King Chu’s Manor. Of course, it was not just because of her bad reputation that she was not allowed to live in the Yu Manor.

In her past life, Yu Sirong was the victor. After Mo Xuetong married into Duke’s manor, she had come specially to make sarcastic jibes at her, and scolded and beaten Mo Lan and the other maids who came to Duke’s manor with Mo Xuetong as she liked. She even had slapped Mo Xuetong. The entire Duke’s manor was laughing at Mo Xuetong, and not a single person was on her side. Mo Xuetong had once complained to Sima Lingyun about her grievances, but, Sima Lingyun had always told her that he would definitely take revenge on her when he became a high-ranking official.

The final result, of course, was that he did nothing with it.

Yu Sirong was a person who was only concerned about herself. She had not even married Qin Yuxuan and must hate Mo Xuetong to the core. Then, there must be a reason for her to enter King Chu’s Manor, especially when she had gone to Ling Rui’er’s side. No wonder Ling Rui’er treated her much better than before on the surface. It turned out that someone was helping her.

Yu Sirong did not leave the manor because she was afraid that others would recognize her. Fortunately, she had lived in Cloud City before and did not have the time to meet the nobles after she came to the capital, and thus the noble young ladies like Ling Rui’er had never seen her before. However, she could not guarantee that not a single one of the young ladies had seen her. Even though Yu Sirong’s appearance had changed a little, those who were sharp-eyed could still tell that she was Yu Sirong.

In this way, it seemed that it would not be smooth when Mo Xuetong attended King Chu’s Manor’s banquet!

Of course, Yu Sirong would not let go of the best opportunity to plot against her.

“My Lady, do you want me to ask Mo Feng to keep an eye on her?” Mo Ye didn’t trust Shopkeeper Xing’s people, so she came to ask Mo Xuetong for Mo Feng. Both of them were the first people Feng Yuran gave to Mo Xuetong, and now they completely regarded Mo Xuetong as their own master. Mo Xuetong didn’t trust Shopkeeper Xing’s people, and neither did they.

Mo Xuetong picked up the cloth she was embroidering beside her, made a stitch, and put it down. Then she blinked her long eyelashes, and said with a smile, “Mo Feng doesn’t have to keep an eye on her. Since Shopkeeper Xing was able to find Yu Sirong so quickly, it means that Yu Sirong was really careless and went to the Qin Manor again. On the other hand, it also shows that Shopkeeper Xing is really working hard.”

“My Lady, do you mean to use Shopkeeper Xing’s men?” Mo Ye asked in shock. She was by Mo Xuetong’s side, so she naturally knew that Mo Xuetong was going to put the secret guards aside. However, Mo Xuetong seemed to use them now. Mo Ye did not understand at the moment.

“Use them? No, I don’t have the jade token, so how could they listen to me? The reason why Shopkeeper Xing helped me was just for my relationship with him. He just did me a favor and lent one or two people to me. I wasn’t really using them.” Mo Xuetong beamed. She lifted her long lashes, and her eyes were clear and charming.