Chapter 325-326

Chapter 325 Bai Yihao’s Plans

The Emperor excused the Mo Manor from official duties and had Princess Anping, who was still in mourning, marry the seriously ill King Xuan to bring him blessings. The wedding was on the same day as King Yan’s and King Chu’s, which was in a month. The betrothal gifts have started arriving, but because it was later than King Yan’s and King Chu’s, it was slightly hurried. However, since it was an order from Emperor Zongwen, everything that was supposed to be presented was there.

Since the Empress Dowager was ill, the matters of consort selection continued quietly. It was a very low-key affair. Only a few consorts were brought into the palace. King Yan’s Manor and King Chu’s Manor had a few new concubines, but the consort position remained empty. After all, the two Kings had not yet had their marriages, it was not appropriate for them to take second consorts. As such, they would welcome consorts after they married.

However, no new concubines entered King Xuan’s Manor.

Firstly, King Xuan was ill. Secondly, what King Xuan’s Manor had the most were women.

Bai Yihao stared at the white jade box for a long while in his room. Lin Yu stood at the door, his back straight. However, he could not help but look at Bai Yihao’s handsome side profile. The sun was setting, and the remnants of sunlight shone on Bai Yihao’s face, casting a beautiful shade on his jade-like skin.

His eyes were lowered and his long lashes fluttered as he stared at the opened white jade box in front of him in a daze. He had been sitting like this since lunchtime. There was only a sheet of yellowed paper in the box. It was unclear what was written on it, but Lin Yu knew that his master looked at the paper with a deep and dark gaze that he could not decipher. Bai Yihao’s expression on his handsome face was still as distant as usual.

However, he seemed more and more ethereal.

What exactly was written on the note that made his master look at it so intently?

Lin Yu was very curious.

“Come, take this box to the study.” Bai Yihao stretched out his long slender fingers and shut the white jade box. Then, he tossed it casually to Lin Yu who approached him. There seemed to be a pained look in his handsome eyes that stunned Lin Yu. He took the white jade box blankly and looked at Bai Yihao incredulously.

“What is it? Why aren’t you going?” Bai Yihao’s brows picked up as he spoke to Lin Yu gently and elegantly.

Lin Yu blinked furiously and realized that he had seen wrongly. How could his master, who was elegant like a fairy in heaven have a pained expression that only ordinary people would have? He took the box and walked to the study.

Speaking of the white jade box, his master was really weird. His master always took charge of the box personally and never gave it to anyone else. Why did he toss it to me today so casually? Lin Yu did not understand. Fortunately, he always left the things he could not understand to his master anyway. He had such an intelligent master, he just had to listen to orders.

When Lin Yu came back from the study, Bai Yihao was already sitting in front of the window. His eyes were as clear as water and they were gentle as always. For some reason, Lin Yu relaxed.

“The First Prince will leave after he marries the Fifth Princess. Is everything settled on that side?” Bai Yihao asked gently. He stood up slowly and went up to the window. The setting sun shone from behind him, blurring his handsome face. However, one only felt that he looked extremely handsome, comparable to none as the rays of sunlight shone upon his face.

“Sir, everything is set. Our men will enter immediately after the Fifth Princess and the First Prince leaves after their wedding. What would you like to be done on the Empress’ side?” Lin Yu asked respectfully.