Chapter 237-238

Chapter 237: Setting Up, Direct Confrontation

Eunuch Wei shot a glance at Auntie Fang and received her signal. Then, he solemnly pointed at Qingwei Garden and said in a serious tone, "Here, here it is. I feel evil things."

Mo Huawen was choked with anger. If not for his good manners, he would have driven them out directly!

As expected, they made trouble at Tong'er's place again. It looked like the wicked woman Auntie Fang wouldn't stop before she killed Tong'er.

With a sneer, he stood before the garden to stop Yu Feng. "Sir Yu, this is my daughter's yard. How can you, a man, enter my daughter's house?"

Eunuch Wei interrupted with a smile. "Sir Mo, he's not alone. He's with us, a group of people. Moreover, we're investigating. And, Sir Yu is a close relative, not a stranger."

"Close relative! Who's close with this wicked man?" Mo Huawen was raged. Clenching his teeth, he said coldly, "Auntie Fang is just a nobody in the manor. Since when is a concubine's relative close to me? I heard Sir Yu has many concubines, and will you invite those close relatives to your manor during holidays and events?"

Mo Huawen's words left Yu Feng speechless. Yu Feng was so awkward that he couldn't say a word.

Which dignified family would treat a concubine's relative as a proper relative? Normally, they weren't even allowed to visit the family their daughters married into.

Hearing Mo Huawen depreciating her, Auntie Fang's eyes flashed with enmity!

"Sir Mo, this is not how it works. Just now, we've signed the paper and so we have to search it." Being a eunuch, it wouldn't matter if he entered the inner residence. Moreover, at this time, given he had signed the paper, Mo Huawen really couldn't stop him.

Auntie Fang suddenly echoed and said in a bitter and tearful tone, "Old sir, I just want to find out who did it. Even if I'll die, I want to know what I die for."

While they were talking about it, Yu Feng spoke. "Sir Mo, listen to my sister. Will you still trash her after that? Eunuch Wei said it was here. You should let us have a look. If we found nothing, I'll personally apologize to your daughter." He's made up his mind. He would go in whatsoever.

Later, he could not only act as a witness, but also suppress Mo Huawen in the name of doing justice to Auntie Fang.

He'd heard the third miss from Mo Manor was not easy to handle. Thinking about his daughter's resentful face and distorted look, he was more determined. Whether it was for his sister or daughter, this time, he must destroy that third miss.

Mo Huawen realized that Yu Feng had thrown away his dignity. Yu Feng kept mentioning the matter, which irritated Mo Huawen more.

Teeth gritted, Mo Huawen said in a hateful voice. "If that's so, then get in. If you can't find anything, don't blame me for being heartless."

After that, Mo Huawen stepped back to make way for them to get in.

In the yard, several nannies and maidservants were sweeping floors, while others were doing their duties. From the main room, they could hear occasional girlish giggles. They sounded in peace and happy.

Auntie Fang's eyes grew increasingly vicious. She darted a grim look in the direction of the main room and then looked in another direction. A smug expression registered on her face. "In a while, that wretched woman can't laugh as frivolously as that."

Eunuch Wei led Mo Huawen to stop under a peach tree in the southeastern yard. "Sir Mo, there's something under that tree." In winter, nothing was hanging on the peach tree's branches, not even a single leaf. Under the coiled roots, as expected, the soil looked like it had been plowed.