Chapter 327-328

Chapter 327 Mo Xuemin Returns to Her Mother’s Home and Plots Again

Mo Xuetong cleaned up and went to Xu Yan’s Yanyu House with Mo Xueqiong.

They only sat for a while when they heard someone announce that First Miss and First Sir were here. Old Sir would like the two young ladies to greet them.

Mo Xuetong and Mo Xueqiong left together.

In the study, Sima Lingyun’s expression was one of defeat and his eyes were cold. He was newly married and should be energetic and happy. However, his smile seemed forced for some reason. It did not look like it was sincere at all. He glanced at Mo Xuemin and there was a flash of disgust in his eyes. Mo Huawen saw that and his eyes darkened.

“Father, I heard that you are having a slight cough. Mother told me to bring this hundred-year-old ginseng. She said that one will catch a cough and hurt the lungs easily during this season. You have to be careful.” Mo Xuemin said in concern with a gentle smile on her face. She seemed not to have noticed Sima Lingyun’s forced look as he sat beside her.

If not for the blue swelling at the corner of her eyes, everyone would feel that the two newlyweds were very happy.

Mo Huawen could not help but look at the corner of her eyes. There was a flash of anger in his eyes. Mo Xuemin’s appearance was different as well. Her thick fringe was combed above her eyes. Even so, one could see a large scar on her forehead when she turned.

“I heard that Your Excellency is not satisfied with this marriage?” Mo Huawen pushed away the ginseng Mo Xuemin brought him and spoke coldly to Sima Lingyun.

No matter how bad Mo Xuemin was, she was still his daughter. She had been beaten up by the Duke Zhenguo’s Manor and still had to plead to return home. Sima Lingyun had yet to bring up anything about the wedding. Mo Huawen hated Sima Lingyun even more. While Mo Xuemin was vicious, what about Sima Lingyun? Mo Huawen balled up his hands tightly into fists when he thought of the relationship between Sima Lingyun and Auntie Fang.

Sima Lingyun paused for a moment when he heard Mo Huawen speaking to him in an angry manner. He could not react in time. Mo Huawen had always been friendly for as long as he could remember. He had never seen Mo Huawen like this.

“Your Excellency, if you do not wish to marry my daughter, please go to the palace and ask the Empress for a separation.” Mo Huawen slammed his hand heavily on the table. He stood up and pointed at Sima Lingyun furiously.

“Separation? Ask the Empress?”

Sima Lingyun shivered. He only recalled then that the Empress had bestowed the marriage upon them. If he asked for separation only a few days after their union, this would be an embarrassment to the Empress. He paled immediately and stood up hurriedly, saying, “Father-in-law, why would you think so? Min’er and I grew up together, how can I be dissatisfied with this marriage? What happened on the wedding day was just an accident.”

“Your concubine caused trouble at your nuptials on the day of the wedding. She infuriated the legal wife so much she wanted to teach the concubine a lesson. She miscarried in the chaos and then you make the legal wife kneel in the ancestral hall for an entire night. Your Excellency, that was a great means, you have truly brought honor to the Empress. The Empress even told me that I found a good son-in-law that night!” Mo Huawen did not intend to let Sima Lingyun off.

The Duke Zhenguo’s Manor had not been the only one to be embarrassed by the farce that was the wedding. Mo Huawen had not gotten even on behalf of Mo Xuemin on that day because Mo Xuemin was a disappointment. Furthermore, it was a marriage bestowed upon them by the Empress. It would not be to anyone’s benefit if the matter were to be blown up. As such, Mo Huawen decided to let the matter calm down before he dealt with it. However, he did not expect the Duke Zhenguo’s Manor to be so unreasonable to shame and bully Mo Xuemin.