Chapter 369-370

Chapter 369 The Mystery Surrounding the Past Affairs of Queen Jin

This was no normal dispute between consorts and the proper wife since the main nanny of the house heard rumors from the tightly restricted back garden. It seemed that the Feng Yuran’s King Xuan’s Manor was not invulnerable even though his own Jinwei Hall did seem like to be a solid stronghold.

In dealing with these people, Mo Xuetong would not be kind and gentle for she was defeated in her previous life because of her kindness. When she let her opponents off, she was harmed in return again and again. If she used harsher methods once she entered Duke Zhenguo’s manor, and beat all those who created trouble or chased all of them out, none of the following troubles would have occurred.

At that time, her maternal family was holding a high status, and no one dared to oppose her.

Hence, this was a great opportunity to punish and beat up a group of people. She had the idea long ago but was merely finding a suitable opportunity.

Even though Mo Xuetong came to King Xuan’s Manor as his proper wife, it was not convenient for her to intervene in many matters. Fortunately, Steward Wang took care of the many matters that Feng Yuran was not interested in dealing with. She wanted to chase those annoying people out and get rid of them! This was perfect timing to do so.

Following that, she handled the matter down to Steward Wang.

Mo Xuetong relaxed as well. She continued sleeping and embroidering day after day, tending to her flowers from time to time. Life was good and medicine was still made day after day. Even though Mo Xuetong was reluctant, Feng Yuran used all the methods to send the medicine down her throat, even forcing her at times. This made her depressed every time she needed to take medication.

In the end, in order to not bother Feng Yuran, she drank the medicine with her lips pursed every time!

“My Lady, He Xia has something to report to you.” Mo Lan entered, holding a white porcelain cup containing the chicken soup just cooked for Mo Xuetong. Feng Yuran specially ordered his chefs to put herbs like wolfberry inside to help Mo Xuetong’s body recover after taking her medicine. However, the taste of the herbs was too strong, making Mo Xuetong unwilling to drink it.

However, seeing how Mo Lan handed over the medicine firmly, Mo Xuetong sighed in unwillingness. She took the cup over with her bare hands before looking at the chicken soup with eyes of disgust. It was indeed uncomfortable to even look at the soup. She pondered on Feng Yuran’s intentions in sending her both the herbal chicken and the numerous medicines as if she were really so fragile that she would collapse at the slight tinge of wind. Now, drinking the chicken soup was like drinking Chinese herbal medicine, making her vastly uninterested.

However, it would be to disregard Feng Yuran’s concern for her if she chose not to drink it. Mo Xuetong held up the porcelain cup gloomily and started gulping down on the soup. The soup smelled and tasted bad but Mo Xuetong exclaimed at the freshness of the ingredients, which gave off a thick fresh smell. However, it would be disgusting to drink the same soup every day. She made a mental note to talk to Feng Yuran about this the next day. She placed the cup aside after finishing more than half the soup. Placing the soup aside, she cleansed her lips with the handkerchief and replied.

“Let He Xia come in and report.”

“Yes, I shall bring her in now.” Seeing that Mo Xuetong finished the chicken soup in one gulp, Mo Lan smiled as she started collecting the bowls and the chopsticks. She was happy as it was rare that her miss finished the soup without making a fuss, drinking it so obediently. His Highness must be happy upon hearing that.