Chapter 243-244

Chapter 243 Beautiful Jade and King Xuan's Plots

Even though the boxes were not large, they were so exquisite when put together that it made one sigh. One could tell that everything there was a treasure.

No matter the jade bangles, earrings, or jade pieces and locks... they were all either made of jade, had jade embedded in them, or were jade with precious stones embedded on them. The color of the jade pieces was clear and extremely dazzling.

"This is from the Ding General Manor and this is from the Ping General Manor. This is from that young lady from the Mingguo Manor and First Miss Mo of the Mo Manor sent this secretly." Qin Yufeng pointed at the four boxes of varying sizes with his fan.

"It's not there?" Feng Yuxuan frowned, asking while he squatted down and riffled through the boxes.

"No. I checked it earlier. Other than the fact that these are all precious stuff, there's nothing else." Qin Yufeng picked up a piece of jade and looked at it under the bright light in the room. It was as bright as day in the room.

Feng Yuxuan did not say anything. He carefully checked through the jade in the four boxes before moving away disappointedly. He stood up and asked Qin Yufeng, "How could it be possible that it's not there. If it's not here, are there things that still have not reached us?"

"Yes, there is still a portion in the manors. However, the target is too big and it would not be easy to find it." Qin Yufeng frowned. In this case, the target was still big. Even though they knew that the treasure would not have been gifted to servants, there are many masters in the manor. It would not be easy to find if any one of them hid it.

"It's a mess now at the Mo Manor. You implied that you were not going to help First Miss Mo anymore, so why did you help her with this?" Feng Yuxuan asked casually as he took the warm towel a eunuch handed him and wiped his hand.

Qin Yufeng smiled bitterly and also wiped his hand. Then, he walked to a nanmu wood chair and sat down. "I was going to give up. But when I thought of how Yu Feng and Consort Yu were working together, I figured that if we could strike Mo Xuemin's sister and keep her down, it would be a good choice. On one hand, we would be able to continue going through Madam Mo's dowry through Mo Xuemin. On the other hand, we can also use Consort Yu to plead for His Highness. No matter how much trouble Consort Yu goes through, she does not have a son and would not be able to rise again."

Feng Yuxuan understood what he meant. If he were to secretly use Consort Yu's consolidated power, it would only be a good thing even if they failed and Consort Yu were to be implicated.

As such, they had secretly instigated Consort Yu to work with other officials, and that was why the incident today had happened. Consort Yu meddled in Auntie Fang's matters. However, she did not imagine that the tides would turn so quickly. She had lost completely in just mere moments. They heard that the concubine had been brought out of the Mo Manor in a mat. The matter had blown up after she was taken from the Mo Manor.

After such a huge incident, Consort Yu did not dare to do anything and had already fled long ago.

"That Third Miss Mo is not one to underestimate!" Qin Yufeng put down his fan and took a cup of tea that was offered to him. He took a sip from it.

One could not tell that the slender and weak woman was so capable. In just mere moments, she had turned the tides so stealthily. Even Qin Yufeng, who had always had good foresight and planning could not help but praise her. For some reason, she thought of her clear, beautiful eyes that were lively and cold. His head hurt. She had appeared in some of his dreams. That was odd. They had not interacted much.