Chapter 233-234

Chapter 233 The Secret Relationship between the Princess Royal and Mother

"That slut Mo Xuetong is so smart. She didn't even leave us any cracks. I haven't even spoken to the eunuch from the Empress' palace before she came and she even makes Father give me a scolding." Mo Xueqiong entered huffily and sat on a chair. She picked up the tea Mo Xiu poured for her and took a sip.

"Father only cares about her. You'd better be more careful. So what if you send word to the Empress? Father will still only dote on her. Don't do something like that in the future. Your situation will get worse if Father finds out." Mo Xuemin looked up. She put down the embroidery she was doing and comforted Mo Xueqiong with a smile.

However, Mo Xueqiong felt that Mo Xuemin's smile was as if she was mocking her and she grew angry.

She stood up furiously and pointed in the direction of Qingwei Garden. She said, "It can't just end like that. She messed up my marriage and made Father plan to send me to the old manor in Cloud City. She's ruling this manor. Why? If she can do that, then I can one up her. Anyway, at the worse, I will just be sent to the old manor at Cloud City. What can she do to me?"

Mo Xuemin pursed her lips and smiled. She asked Mo Xiu to bring Mo Xueqiong another cup of tea gently and shook her head with a smile. "Fourth Sister, you can't beat Third Sister like this. You are direct and she is sly. If you really send word to the Empress through her servants today, Father would have punished you. You are too direct and gutsy and that will only make Father angry."

This made Mo Xueqiong even angrier. However, she understood that if she had spoken badly of Mo Xueqiong in front of the Empress' servants, her father would not let her off so easily. However, she could not just allow Mo Xuetong to parade in front of her arrogantly.

Since her marriage to Sima Lingyun was completely hopeless and the Empress has already decreed that her eldest sister be married into the Duke's manor, her father had told her not to think about Sima Lingyun anymore. This infuriated Mo Xueqiong, who had always secretly pined for Sima Lingyun. This was all Mo Xuetong's fault. How would Mo Xueqiong let her off easily?

However, since Mo Xuemin mentioned it, she also understood that it was silly for her to go against Mo Xuetong head-on. Her father was completely devoted to Mo Xuetong and listened completely to her. Mo Xueqiong had no status in the manor at all. And after what happened last time, Auntie Qing had been punished as well, so Mo Xuetong was now in charge of the household.

Mo Xueqiong could not hold back on the anger she felt as she thought about that.

Ever since she moved to the little courtyard near the backdoor entrance, the servants all treated her badly. That day, when she saw Mo Xuemin who had also been treated badly by the maids, she immediately pitied her for they shared the same fate. One of them wanted to marry Sima Lingyun while the other did not. The two immediately buried the hatchet.

Mo Xueqiong thought of ways to deal with Mo Xuetong.

"Eldest Sister, you were competent in the past, but why have you landed in your current predicament just months after she entered the capital? I heard word from Lihua Garden that Auntie Fang is very ill. If she is not released and treated, her days would be limited." Mo Xueqiong thought quickly and said with a grim twitch of her mouth when she saw how calm Mo Xuemin was.

She did not believe that Mo Xuemin was not worried. Even though her reputation was damaged, it could not be compared to Mo Xuemin's. "Eldest Sister, the rumors outside are fervent. They are all about you. They not only say that you have something going on with Sir Sima, but also that you have something going on with Minister Li's son and Sir You. It's a mess."