Chapter 257-258

Chapter 257 Xiuning Workshop, Suspicious Shopkeeper

Before Mo Xuetong answered, Bai Yihao turned around to look out of the windows. His gaze seemed to travel through the crowd and landed somewhere further way. "People say that King Jin manor's lady used to love plum, so they planted the large plum forest outside the capital. King Jin planted them for his lovely wife, but many premium plum flowers are missing from the forest now."

"In the inner residence of King Jin lies the most beautiful red plum forest. The lady loves to visit there the most. When it's winter, the red plums will blossom against the white snow. When the wind blows, the snowflakes swirling in the sky are dreamlike. So, the small red plum forest and the lady's yard are collectively called the Dream Yard."

Bai Yihao said slowly and his handsome profile looked jade-like white and flawless in the sunlight. However, it seemed to carry something else.

Today, Bai Yihao was very different.

Mo Xuetong raised her lips in a light smile and gently said, "The red plum forest must be pretty to match its title, the Dream Yard. If I can see such a plum forest in my life, it'll be a life worth living for."

In King Jin's old manor, only the small plum forest could be seen from the outside. After so many years, the rest of the house was still sealed in the old manor. She remembered that day, Feng Yuran took her into King Jin's manor out of the blue. She saw a large number of buildings and couldn't see the end of it. It could be seen that King Jin used to be bustling.

Thinking of King Jin manor's old glory and seeing the ruins left today, Mo Xuetong had to exclaimed that, in the palace, as long as you were involved the fight of the throne, even your royal decedents would be sentenced to death, and it would even drag more people into the fight. If not for supremacy back then, King Jin who loved his wife and his lady might have become the perfect couple in people's eyes.

"You will." Bai Yihao turned around and stared at her. Suddenly, he rose up and smilingly said, "Three days later, there will be a Qin gathering. Scholars will meet and if you're available, do meet us there."

"Sure." Mo Xuetong stood up and agreed straightforwardly.

This time, Bai Yihao didn't say anything else and turned around to leave. His snow-white clothes fluttered and soon, it faded out of Mo Xuetong's view.

Mo Xuetong sat back down and Mo Lan, who had been staying behind the curtains, passed a cup of water to her.

Mo Xuetong flicked her finger gently on the table and looked out of the windows thoughtfully. When Mo Lan was done with the errands, she suddenly smiled and said, "Mo Lan, send for Mr. Xing."

"Yes, miss." Mo Lan turned around to leave and soon brought back Mr. Xing.

"Please sit." Mo Xueotng pointed to the seat opposite and mildly smiled.

"Since you're here, there will be no place for me. I might as well stand." Mr. Xing wouldn't sit and stubbornly stood by the side after curtsying to Mo Xuetong.

Seeing him insist, Mo Xuetong didn't urge him further. She slightly raised her lips and asked, "Do you know He Xia? She used to serve my mother."

Mr. Xing thought for a moment and asked in reply, "Is she the one who's tall and slim?"

"Yes. After her ladyship passed away, Sister He Xia went missing. Since you know He Xia and many other people out there, can you ask around about her whereabouts for us? She used to run the account book for her ladyship. If you can find her, she will help our miss figure out something about her ladyship."