Chapter 305-306

Chapter 305 The Threat at the Fifth Princess’ Banquet

It has been said that when two nations are at war, there would be no good wine nor good banquets. Yet, when had this applied to fights between women? Mo Xuetong was speechless.

When she had been summoned by the Fifth Princess, the princess was already seated inside. She was dressed in luxurious clothing that was vibrantly colored and was embroidered with gold threads. It made the princess look like a fairy in legends. She appeared before Mo Xuetong and Mo Xuetong was in awe of the royal family’s nobleness and elegance. The price of the princess’ outfit was completely beyond estimation.

It befitted the Fifth Princess’ status as the Emperor’s legitimate daughter.

“Anping greets the Fifth Princess.” Mo Xuetong curtsied. She was also a princess now and did not have to address herself as a subordinate’s daughter. Even though she was not as noble as the Fifth Princess, she did not have to appear too humble.

The Fifth Princess’ sharp eyes landed on Mo Xuetong’s beautiful face. There was a hint of disdain on her proud expression. Her head was lifted up high and she said without any hesitation, “I want you to ask to be married to the Yan Kingdom.”

The Fifth Princess was trying to use her status to force Mo Xuetong to marry to Yan so she did not have to. Mo Xuetong wondered if it was the Fifth Princess who did not take the situation seriously enough or if the princess was being wishful.

Mo Xuetong rose. She looked up lightly and said without any signs of acceptance, “I wonder what Your Highness’ status is to order Anping.”

“I am a princess of the royal family and the daughter of the Empress. Is this status not enough to ask you to do something? You are just a fake royal. Isn’t your status just so you can take over the place of a true royal daughter like me to be married off far away! If you are married to the Yan Kingdom, you would at least be a consort. That’s already not too bad considering your status.” The Fifth Princess lifted her chin and said proudly. She sat up straight. She thought that she was extremely noble. She was the legitimate daughter of the Empress and there was no one else in the Great Qin who was as noble as her. She usually did not speak with the other princesses.

She had also taught other princesses a lesson, much less a mere princess of the commandery!

“Since Anping’s status is befitting of this, why don’t Fifth Princess go to the Emperor and tell His Majesty that?” Mo Xuetong replied. Her eyes were sharp and her expression was calm and composed.

“I’m allowing you to go tell His Majesty yourself because I have a good opinion of you and I am allowing you dignity. You might end up not being able to marry to Yan even if you want to and end up with a poor man.” The Fifth Princess threatened. She was very angry and her heart was filled with hatred. She had not only failed to poison Mo Xuetong’s wine in time, but she had also fallen into the river for no reason. In the end, she had even been saved by the First Prince of Yan Kingdom.

After she regained consciousness and returned to the palace, she was told that she would be married off to the Yan Kingdom. How could the Fifth Princess, who was certain she was going to marry Bai Yihao, accept that? She made a fuss. However, she did not expect that her father, who had always doted on her, had been enraged and locked her up. He had warned her that if she did not marry the man, she would never be able to leave the palace again.

After much consideration, the Fifth Princess blamed Mo Xuetong for everything.

She would not have attended the Qin gathering if not to poison Mo Xuetong. If she had not attended the Qin gathering, she would not have fallen into the river. If she had not fallen into the river, she would not have been saved by the First Prince of Yan. If he had not saved her, she would not have to marry him. She looked at Mo Xuetong hatefully, as if she would tear her apart if Mo Xuetong dared to not agree.