Chapter 245-246

Chapter 245 Suspicion and Bai Yihao The Physician

Mo Xuetong woke up very early the next day. She cleaned up a little and set off for the Fu General Manor. She had to stop her maternal grandmother before she flared up. She arrived at just the right time. The Old Madam had brought her servants and some other men with her early in the morning. It was a mess and Mo Xuetong arrived at just the right time.

She finally managed to persuade the Old Madam to return to her room after a long while.

She said that her father had a way to deal with the Yu family and asked the Old Madam to wait. The Old Madam only barely managed to keep her anger in check then. However, she asked the servants to get Mo Xuetong's second uncle, Luo Bin and ordered him to "take care" of the Yu family in the future. He was not to allow the people of the Yu Manor to slack off. The Old Madam felt upset when she thought of how her daughter had been poisoned to death.

She looked at Mo Xuetong who was lying in her embrace and thought of how the girl had lost her mother at such a young age and started to weep.

Mo Xuetong cried along with the Old Madam. She suddenly realized that the woman's face was very pale and hurriedly called for Luo Wenyou.

Luo Wenyou hurried to find a physician while Mo Xuetong helped the Old Madam to lay down. The entire place was thrown into chaos.

Bai Yihao was dragged to the room by Luo Wenyou then.

Bai Yihao took his hands off the Old Madam's wrist after taking her pulse and looked at Luo Wenyou. Luo Wenyou immediately understood his intentions and followed him out of the room. Mo Xuetong was worried and followed them out as well.

"Sir Bai, how is my grandmother? Is she alright?" Luo Wenyou asked worriedly before Bai Yihao could sit down.

"Don't worry. She was just too worried and angry. She is in poor health, which is why she is so weak. She just needs to rest well and not be so worried and angry and she will be fine." Bai Yihao said lightly. He picked up a brush and wrote a prescription.

Mo Xuetong could not help but look at the flawless and handsome youth when she heard that her grandmother was fine. Unlike how he was usually, Bai Yihao wore a blue cape with dragon embroidery over his white outer robes. His black hair was tied up with a ribbon and laid casually over his shoulder. He looked elegant and noble.

However, his appearance today made him seem even more solemn, majestic, and nobler.

He could just stand there silently, but his aura, disposition, and elegance were way more evident than many in the world. There were not many who could compare to him.

However, he obviously looked ready to go out. Could he have known that her grandmother was ill and was just waiting there? Mo Xuetong could not help but raise her brows.

"Sir Bai, I invited you here in a hurry because my grandmother was very ill. You must be tired." Luo Wenyou said guiltily, having calmed down then.

It's alright, but I heard that Eldest Brother is coming, so I want to go to the palace to take a look. However, the palace still has not sent any message yet, so I think he is not here yet." Bai Yihao looked up and placed the prescription in Luo Wenyou's hand. Then, he smiled politely at Mo Xuetong as if he had just noticed her.

Mo Xuetong lowered her head as he looked up to hide the wariness in her eyes. He was the one who had pushed her into the spotlight, causing her to lose her hiding place. She had appeared before all but did not have the ability to protect herself. Why had he done this?

Given his abilities, he did not have to pretend to be a noble person before others, as if he was not interested in politics. If he wanted, Mo Xuetong knew, the Yan Kingdom throne was his. Even though he was not the Yan Emperor's only legal son nor the eldest, he had been made the Crown Prince.