Chapter 231-232

Chapter 231 When Trash Meets Trash, Meeting Lan Xinru

The Duke Zhenguo's manor carriage traveled along the streets. Sima Lingyun, who was seated in it, looked awful. He thought about how he had been looked down upon in the Mingan Duke's manor and how he had been teased. His handsome face twisted slightly and he clutched at the soft seat cushion beside him. He clamped down viciously on the roar in his heart. One day, he would show those people that he was not that useless.

The horse carriage seemed to have hit something and stopped suddenly.

"What's the matter?" Sima Lingyun asked coldly. He forced down the urge to pick up a teacup and throw it outside.

"Your Excellency, the horse carriage hit a girl." The driver answered respectfully.

Hit someone? Sima Lingyun frowned and released his hold on the teacup. He lifted the door curtains and walked out. Duke Zhenguo's manor was the subject of gossip recently. How dare he create any trouble?

"Miss, Miss, how are you? Is everything alright? What am I to do if you're injured?" The anxious sobbing of a maid could be heard. Sima Lingyun looked in the direction and saw a beautiful woman whose expression had a hint of fragility. She was pale and teary-eyed as she held her leg, sitting on the ground. However, she could not say a single word and looked extremely pitiful.

"What's the matter? Where were you hurt?" Sima Lingyun squatted down and asked her gently.

"You are..." Lan Xinru lifted her beautiful face and questioned him shyly.

"This is Marquess Zhenguo." The driver answered.

Marquess Zhenguo? Lan Xinru was elated. She looked at Sima Lingyun's young and handsome face. Her face hurt. She held her leg, looking as if she wanted to stand. She had only just sat up before she could not help but fall into Xiaolian's embrace. The corners of her lips shook slightly and she could not speak.

"Is your leg hurt?" Sima Lingyun reached out to touch the area that Lan Xinru was covering. He found that blood was flowing from the wound slowly. She had been injured.

"I can't move my leg." Lan Xinru looked up tearfully and pitifully.

She looked soft and weak, and this greatly satisfied Sima Lingyun, who currently felt as if he had been abandoned by everyone else. He immediately felt that the beauty in front of him was both pure, beautiful, and adorable. He thought of how the beautiful woman had been hurt by his horse carriage and could not be bothered with anything else. He scooped her up, brought her into the carriage, and ordered the driver to head towards the clinic at the end of the street swiftly.

Xiaolian had already gotten onto the horse carriage when Sima Lingyun scooped Lan Xinru up.

"How is your injury? Does it hurt badly?" Sima Lingyun thought about it and lifted the corner of her pants. He saw a bleeding wound on her calf.

Lan Xinru flushed. She wanted to move her leg away, but Sima Lingyun held on to it tightly. Her body softened and she could not help but lean toward Sima Lingyun. She said tearfully, "It hurts, young sir, it hurts."

"Don't be afraid, it's alright. The clinic is right in front. It will be fine." Sima Lingyun heaved a sigh of relief as he comforted her. It looked like it was just a scrape and she did not break any bones. It was not a big deal, and it could have been worse.

"I, is it broken?" Lan Xinru looked at Sima Lingyun tearfully. "What will I do if it's broken? I still need to find my aunt. If I can't find her, I'm alone..." Then, she started to sob.

"It's alright, it's alright. It will be fine. It's not broken." Sima Lingyun patted her shoulder hurriedly and comforted her in tender tones. That was when he realized that she was huddled in his embrace. She was soft and fragrant and looked pitiful. She shook slightly from the pain and looked extremely fragile and pitiful.