14: Diner

Y/n POV

"Aren't you going to be cold?" Edward asks.

"A little, but I'll be fine"

"If you say so, where do you want to eat?"

"Um The Carver Café?" I suggest.

"Do you go there often?"

"Yeah, dad takes Bella and I there a lot, since we were little" I giggle.

"How's your relationship with your sister?"

"Hmm, depends on the day" I scratch my neck and laugh.

"What do you mean?" He turns to look at me.

"We'll sometimes she'll wake up and want to talk to me, then there are other times where she doesn't even want to breath near me" I giggle.

"Why?"

"You sure do ask a lot of questions" I roll my eyes and laugh.

"You didn't answer it"

"Well it's because she's more of suffer in silence type, she tries not to let people in unless she wants to" I begin to explain.

"I can't read her mind"

"You can't? Why's that?" I ask.

"I don't know, I can read everyones thoughts but hers and it's driving me insane" He parks in front of the dinner.

"Maybe there's something especial about her? Like there's with me" I get out of the car.

"Yeah maybe" He opens the diner door and lets me step first.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school booger?" Edward laughs at Cora's nickname for me and I elbowed him in stomach.

"Hey Cora, yeah I am, but I haven't been feeling well so dad allowed me to stay home"

"Is it a fever?" She feels my forehead. "Stomachache? Headache? Sore throat?" She checks my body for a sign of sickness.

"Just a stomachache and sore throat" I answered while she leads us to a table.

"I'll get you a soup and the you can tell me who your friend is" She says looking at Edward up and down and walks away.

"Booger huh?" Edwards teases.

"Haha you are so funny" I stomp on his foot.

"Ok ok I give up" He puts his hand up and laughs.

"Here's your soup, anything else I can get for you guys?" Cora asks, setting the soup and a spoon in front of me. I look over at Edward.

Are you paying? I ask and he discreetly nods his head and I smile widely.

"Un French Fries, chicken nuggets, a burger and umm mozzarella sticks with a vanilla shake" I smile. "Edward what will you have?" I look over at him, his mouth hung wide and he shook his head.

"I'll just have water please"

"Alright I'll be right back with your drinks" Cora rubs my shoulder and leaves.

"Are you actually going to eat all that?" Edwards asks as I drink my small chicken soup.

"Mhm yeah why? Im hungry"

"How?" He laughs.

"I don't know I just feel really hungry"

"It must be because of all that power you used today, it most of drained you"

"I suppose" I shrug and keep eating my soup.

"Here are you drinks" Cora sets them on the table. "Are you sure I can't get you anything sweetheart?" She looks at Edward.

"That's alright, thank you" He offers her a sweet smile.

"That's okay, so who is this Y/n? A boyfriend?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Ew! God no! He's more like an annoying older brother" I laugh.

"She's sure like a irritating sister" He ruffles my hair and I smack his hand away. "Never stops bothering me" He adds.

"You guys are so adorable, I'll go check on your food" She smiles and takes my empty soup plate away.

"Irritating huh?" I cross my arms and stare at him.

"You called me annoying" He laughs.

"Well because you are!" I sip my vanilla shake and narrow my eyebrows.

"And you are irritating" He playfully pushes me, rocking my chair.