68: Ride

"So Y/n this is Michael, Abigail and John, guys the is Y/n" He pulls chair for me.

"Hi" I smile and take a seat. "Thank you" I tell Ben after he sits next to me.

"Nice to me you" John smiles, while Michael shoots me a nod, he had his arm wrapped around Abigail so I assumed they were dating.

"Nice to meet you too"

"You're Y/n swan right? the sheriffs daughter?" Abigail asks.

"Yeah that's me" I smile shyly.

"Damn that must suck, how do you smoke then?" John asks.

"Uh I don't, I haven't gotten the chance"

"You are also friends with the Cullens"

"I am" I answer her question.

"What are they like? you know outside of school?" she sits up straight.

"Okay guys that's enough questions" Ben defends me.

"No it's okay, I don't mind" I turn to look at the Cullens table just to find it empty, a small frown crawls into my mouth but I shake it off with a smile and turned back to my current table. "Honestly, they are nothing like they are here at school. They are fun, their parents are welcoming and very sweet people, they are all a little odd but I mean who isn't" Everyone at the table laughs.

"So is it true they are all together together?" She asks another question.

"Well yeah, its not like they are blood related or anything, they are all adopted"

"Freaky" Michael laughs and turns to Abigail.

"Sorry I didn't think they were going to ask that many questions" Ben says in a low tone while the rest of his friends begin another conversation.

"It's okay, most people ask questions when they find out I'm friends with the Cullens" I shrug. "How about we go get lunch?" I nod towards the food.

"Yeah, let's go" We stand up and walk to get lunch.

"So how do you know them?" I ask.

"Abigail and Micheal are obviously dating, Abigail is my twin sister while Mike and John have been my friends since elementary" We each get a tray.

"Wow, how do you feel about your sister dating one of your best friends?" I get my food.

"You'd be surprise but I'm more than happy that she's with him, i know the type of person he is and I know he'll take care of her just as I know that she'll take care of him"

"Aww that's nice" I smile as I walk to get a drink.

"Yeah, I'm happy they found each other and they are happy with each other, even though they can get pretty weird"

"So I want to know what that even means?" I laugh.

"No, no you don't" He laughs.

➺ ➺ ➺ ➺ ➺ ➺ ➺

"... that was funny"

"That was not funny, he going to be a pain in the ass for the rest of the year" I roll my eyes at Ben as we walk out of school.

"Well who told you to skip on the very first day of school" Ben scoffs.

"He'll get over it, I'll probably skip his class several times this year" I look around for Bella, but her car was still in the parking lot.

"Need a ride?" Ben asks as he sees I'm looking for someone.

"Um, yeah" I smile at him.

"My car is this way" He nods over and begins to walk.

"You're not going to kidnap me right?" I chuckle nervously.

"Of course not silly" He said in a malevolent voice.

"Shut up" I gently push him away as we both laugh.

"You started it"

"Yeah well as I joke"

"I was joking too" He opens the passenger door.

"Well yours sounded really freaking convincing" I hop in.

"That was the point" He chuckles and closes the door to his jeep. "So which way is your house" He says as he gets back inside the car.

➺ ➺ ➺ ➺ ➺ ➺ ➺

"This is my house" I smile as we come to a stop.

"I actually live a few blocks away from here" He laughs. "Maybe I'll pick you up tomorrow morning?"

"Uh.. yeah actually better than riding with my sister" I laugh. "Thank you" I grab my backpack and get out of the car.

"See you tomorrow" He waves and drives away.

I was watched him drive off and when I turned towards my house Edward caught my eye on the side of the house. He was wearing a very nice suit but looked serious.

"Edward?" I walk to him. "What's wrong?" I ask when he didn't respond.

"We are leaving" He said bluntly.

"What? What do you mean?"

"People are starting to notice Carlisle looks ten years younger than he's supposed to be"

"Okay, is that all?" I cross my arms.

"There was an accident the day of Bella's birthday"

"What accident?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Bella was opening a gift and got a paper cut, Jasper couldn't control himself" Edward turns to face the woods. "I pushed Bella out of the way but made it worse, she cut her arm with a piece of glass"

"You were just trying to protect her, you didn't mean any harm"

"I can't let something like this happen again, and I don't want to bring her into my world"

"By that you mean, you don't want to turn her?"

"I want" He turns. "I want her to a happy human life"

"So you guys are leaving?" I step forward as tears fill my eyes.

"Yes" He grabs my shoulders. "My family and I decided on something we want to give you a choice... come with us"

"What about my dad and Bella, how do I just leave?"

"We'll figure it out, they are waiting at my house, and we can figure it out" he looked behind me. "Go inside and leave through the back door I'll see you at the house okay?"

"Okay" I sniff and turn to meet eyes with Bella, I wipe my eyes and walk pass her and into the house.