58: The Call

I was in a comfortable slumber until the kitchen phone started ringing, waking us up. I was sleeping on the couch, my legs over Paul and dad was sleeping on his recliner chair. He stands up with a groan and goes over to the kitchen picking up the phone.

"What time is it?" I ask Paul.

"Two"

"When did we even fall asleep?"

"I don't remember, somewhere between the fourth movie"

"SHE WHAT?...... WE'LL MEET YOU THERE" Dad yelled from the kitchen.

"Dad what's wrong?"

"Bella is in the hospital, go pack a bag, i'll meet you out in the car" He runs up the stairs.

"okay" I run up the stairs and into my room, grabbing my largest duffle bag putting in everything I can.

"Are you okay?"

"Paul this is not the time"

"I know, I'm sorry but I feel how scared you are" he tries to grab me.

"Paul, go home!, I'll call or text you" the face he gave me a soon as those words left my mouth, completely destroyed me, he didn't even reply, he just left like I asked him to.

The car ride was quiet, I kept re-thinking everything, everything up to this moment. If I didn't insisted Bella to move here with me, she'd be fine, in her normal boring teenage life. but no, she's now getting chased by vampire and lying about her accident. Bella is clumsy but not falling down the stairs and through a widow type of clumsy.

I wrote and deleted different apologies to Paul, none that I sent because I was too caught up with Bella, and what had actually happened. I ended up falling back to sleep from all the stress.

✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤ ✤

"Mom!" I give her a huge hug.

"Where's Bella?" Dad asks.

"She's sleeping, Edward is in there, hasn't left her side" She caresses my hair.

"Why don't you go ahead and we'll catch up with you" Dad signals ahead.

"Yeah, okay" I give them a small smile, mom tells me the room number and I walk away.

I get on the elevator and press the floor Bella was in, I was not a fan of small spaces, I closed my eyes and breathed in and out until I heard the ding, then rushed out of the elevator to look for Bella's room.

"Edward what the hell!" I whisper yell as I walk in.

"Whatever you say I've said to myself twice" His head drops.

"Is she going to be okay?" I sit next to him.

"Yeah... but I can't help think she'd be better off without me"

"Don't you dare say that, I thought she was your mate, plus what about me" I slap him on the chest.

"Yeah I know"

"What even happened?"

Edward told me about everything that happened inside the ballet studio and I was shocked, I didn't know what to think, my sister could've either been dead or a vampire.