102: Gave Up

I felt very uncomfortable, so I rolled over and got startled awake.

"Careful!"

I sat straight and looked around scared, no one in sight but then I looked down and saw Paul? Standing by a tree. The sun was setting and Paul felt scared and sad.

"You're passed the treaty line" I tell him looking anywhere but him.

"I know but I also know you're more important" He sighs. "I care for you deeply but... I'm just no ready to tell you" My eyes found his, and they were full of worry.

"Okay" I sigh. "What about that girl you're dating?"

"Can you please come down" he says with his pleading voice.

I get up, close the glass doors and lock them before leaving the room and going downstairs I considered putting the key back where it was but honestly they left this key for me to begin with so I locked the front door and kept the key.

"So you're dating someone?" I ask Paul.

"Yes"

"Can't go a few months without one?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes.

"I need to stay busy" He says in a very low voice, followed by a sigh.

"Can I go home?" I gave up on trying to help him.

"Yeah"

Paul transforms and I get on his back. This was different from the other times, usually his mind is pretty cleared but this time he was juggling a bunch of things on his mind. I tried to keep up with everything he was feeling but it wasn't working.

I laid down and ran my hand through his fur, helping him calm down. I kept doing this until we had to the edge of the tree line by my house.

"Thanks Paul" I get down and give him a kiss on the nose before walking away. I walked into the house through the back door and saw my dad watching a game.

"Hi dad" I look at the time. "I didn't realize it was 6:30"

"Hey sweetie, come join me" He looks at me. "And yeah time went by quickly today"

I drop my bags by the stairs and sit on the couch next to him, he wraps an arm around me and kisses my forehead.

"How was your day?" He says happy.

"Eh it was okay"

"That's good, I'm glad you're going out and enjoying nature"

"How can you not honestly" We laugh.

"Have you talked to Bella?"

"Uh no why"

"Just asking, I'm a bit worried about her.. she's talking, eating, and going out but those nightmares are still there"

"You just have to give her some time... it's her first heart break" I say. "And I guess it hit her pretty hard"

"How much time?"

"How ever long it takes dad" I giggle.

"Edward" He huffs out and looks at the tv.

"Im gonna go upstairs, I gotta do some homework"

"Okay" He says a bit sad. "Maybe we can watch the jockey game tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'm down if you're buying Chinese"

"Always.. is Paul coming?" He said as I was going up the stairs.

"Uh..  I'm not sure his parents are in town" I run into my room.

I lock my door, drop my bag and lay in my bed, I let out a deep breath. I tried thinking about tomorrow and everything we were going to do, since we are going to Embry's house...