61: NEW MOON

These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumphs die, like fire and powder. Which as they kiss, consume.

  .°• .°• .°• .°• .°• .°• .°•

".. you know she's not big on birthdays" I tell dad in efforts to not give her the present mom had made him get.

"Your mother gave me specific introductions now go get ready for school" He shoos me away.

With a heavy sigh I shake my head and head back upstairs into my room. Summer has sadly come to and end, hanging out at the beach with Jacob, Quil, and Embry, training with both the wolfs and the Cullens had come to and end.

During the summer I got closer to everyone, including Paul, just as friends though, I think we shouldn't be anything more, he likes all the girls and being the life of the party. He still comes over to keep an eye on me, he'll even sneak in at night and disappears in the morning. I have my eyes set on Quil this year, a guy who will actually respect me and treat me the way I'm supposed to be treated. We had so much fun going to the beach, bonfires and even the Cullens loosened up. We had barbecues mainly for Bella and I. And I got to celebrate my birthday three times. June 16th was probably the best birthday I'd ever had. I started my morning with pancakes, birthday cake, dad, Bells, Billy and Jake. For lunch the Cullens made a beautiful lunch on the back porch. By nightfall Paul threw a huge party where I got to celebrate with all my friends and the pack. Of course it all came to an end and back to school I go.

I threw on the outfit I had picked the night before and walked out to meet dad in the hall, hair, teeth were already done so all I had to worry about was saying happy birthday to Bells

"Dad why are you knocking?" I walk past him and jump on Bella's bed "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLS" I hug her.

"Thanks" she chuckles.

"Happy birthday" dad walks in after me.

"I thought we agreed no presents"

"That's what I told them" I roll my eyes.

"Well the one from me is not wrapped so it doesn't count" dad hands her a camera with a bow on it.

"That's actually great, thanks dad" she smiles as she looks at the camera.

"Uh it goes with this one from your mom, we coordinated"

"You mean mom coordinated you" I laugh and Bella does too.

"Yeah she did" dad chuckles. "It's to uh put your pictures in from senior year" dad explains as she rips open the gift. "Senior year... how'd you get so old so fast?"

"I didn't it's not that old" Bella says defensively.

"I don't know... is that a gray hair" dad adds.

"Yeah right there" I point.

"No, no way" She gets out of bed and goes to the mirror while me and dad giggle.

"Happy birthday" dad walks out with an evil smirk.

"Haha you guys are so funny" Bella throws a pillow at me.

"Go get change" I laugh. "Before you make us late"

   .°• .°• .°• .°• .°• .°• .°•

"Another missing hiker brings the total to three presume dead..." the radio goes on but I lower it.

"Take a picture of me for your album"

"I'm driving.. pass me the camera" She laughs at our foolishness.

I pass the camera and lean up agains the door, place my feet on top on the sit and pose. A bright flash lightens my face and I clap.

"How did it come out?"

"Honestly you look beautiful" She shows me the picture.

"Thank you" I smile.

"We are going to have to print these out later" Bella says as we pull into the school parking lot.

"Heyyy our friends" I point as they point at us.

"Todays the big day Bella" Jessica starts the conversation.

Bella stops in her tracks thinking they knew it was her birthday but Jessica quickly corrected her thinking and told her that the Romeo and Juliet essay is due today.

"Oh yeah" Bella responds.

"Wherefore art thou, Bella" Mike says trying to sound like Shakespeare.

"Oh no Mike please don't audition for the play" I suggest and everyone laughs.

"Let me take a picture of you guys" Bella pulls out her camera. "My mom wants me to put together like a scarp book full of memories"

"Oh cool yeah" Eric starts posing for the camera.

"I take them, I'm not in them" Angela says nervously and steps to the side.

"Oh come here" Eric pulls her back.

"You'll photoshop me if my nose looks big right?" Jessica says as Mike pulls her in.

"Don't worry no one will look at you, I'm in the picture" Eric says in a very cocky way.

I roll my eyes at the people we call friends and Bella makes weird faces then snaps the picture.

"Oh good Cullens here" Mike says with jealousy poisoning his voice.

Bella and I turn to see Edward park his brand new car, I honestly like this car better than the old one. Although I can definitely see Casper driving a sports car.

Our friends leave saying a quick goodbye, I wave them off but Bella was too busy watch Edward get out of the car and walk towards us.

"Happy birthday" He says as he reaches us.

"Don't remind me"

"Hmm well your birth is definitely something to celebrate"

"Yeah but my aging is not"

"Your aging?" Edward laughs. "I think eight-teen is a little young to start worrying about that" He looks over at me and I shrug.

"That's one year older than you" Bella replies.

"No it isn't I'm one hundred and nine" Casper smirks, and ruffles my hair.

"Not my hair" I whine.

"Maybe I shouldn't be dating such an old man... mm it's gross I should be throughly repulsed"

Ew I might puke. I roll my eyes and open my phone to see if Paul had texted, which he didn't but Quil did. I smile and open it while ignoring Bella and Casper.

7:55a.m "Good morning cupcake, good luck on your first day back at school"

"Gooood morning to you to Mr. Ateara, thank you and good luck to you too<3" 8:02a.m

"... someone wants you" Edward says and I raise my sight to my beautiful best friend.

"Jake!" I run over to him, he wraps me in a hug and twirls me around while we laugh.

"Hi crazy head, aren't you supposed to be in class"

"Yes right, I'm leaving" I give him a kiss on the cheek and walk away to Edward.

Don't be jealous.

"I'm not jealous" Edward rolls his eyes.

"Uh huh, I'll see you in lunch" I smack his shoulder and walk to school.