97: Home School

"Good morning Sheriff Swan.. Y/n" The principal greets us.

"Principal Greene" My dad said as we took a seat.

"Let's wait for Mrs. Young.. Y/n's counselor" he sits on his chair behind his desk.

Mr. Grenne was lazy, not really into his job. I didn't even know why he did it, he doesn't like kids and he is always getting annoyed by us and every little issue. He will definitely approve this, just to get it done with.

"Good morning" My counselor walks in and closes the door behind her.

"Perfect, now that we are all here, what's going on?" Principal Greene says.

"My daughter would like to be home schooled, she doesn't feel safe in this school and I fully support her decision" My dad says firmly.

"Well Y/n is there anything we could do to make you feel safer in school to not take such drastic measures?" He asks me.

"If you want me to be honest no, no I don't think there's anything you could do and I don't think its drastic measures"

"Is there a reason why you don't feel safe?"

"It's kind of personal, I've spoken to my father about it and he understands"

"Okay if you truly feel that way and with Sheriff Swan's support what can we do to help this process Mrs. Young?" He turns to look at her.

"Y/n is top of her class, she's a very hard worker and home schooling wouldn't limit her or throw her behind, it could even be a benefit.. I think she could do the same work, same lessons, and come in on Fridays to hand in her assignments, take tests and get more for the following week"

"Would the teachers be okay with that?" My dad asks.

"I've already spoken to them and they've all agreed to stay a bit longer on Fridays and work with her"

"Great, so this is something we can fully do?" My dad says feeling very happy.

"Yes, so in my office I have all the work for this week, on Fridays Y/n will have to come in at 3 p.m and will meet with all her teachers and she can leave at 4:30 p.m" Mrs. Young repeats.

"I think we got it all figured out, any more questions?" The principal looks at us.

"I do have one more before we part ways"

"Go ahead"

"Prom and graduation?" Asks my dad.

"She will not be excluded, she can attend both since she's technically still part of the school and will still be using our resources and facilities" He answers my dad's question.

"Perfect so we are all done now" My dad stands.

"Yes we are" Mr. Greene also stands and reaches to shake my dads hand.

"Y/n why don't you follow me so I can give you, your folder"

"Yes" I stand. "I'll meet you the office dad" He nods his head and i walk out with the counselor.

"How are you feeling?" Mrs. Young asks.

"I'm actually very happy and relieved, I wasn't sure my dad would say"

"He seems very supportive and willing to hear you out"

"Yeah, he's always been very calm and supportive" I said as we get to her office.

"That's good.. so these folders have everything you need, you already have textbooks at home and if you need anything we are always here but I doubt you'll need it" She hands me a few folders and smiles at me. "Each teacher put their school email just incase"

"Thank you, soo I'll see you on Friday" I grab them and smile back at her.

"See you on Friday"

I walk out and find my dad still talking to the principal in the hallway, I smiled and wave at him. He looks very serious but once he saw me, they shook hands and my dad walk towards me.

"Should we go home?" He asks me.

"Yes we should and maybe pass by the diner?" I smile and give him my puppy eyes.

"I'm starving" He says with a smile.