86: Halloween Party

The whole time I was getting ready I could hear Paul and Veronica arguing, at some point she left and slammed the door, I heard Paul curse and hit something but didn't come into my room, but soon after I hear a knock.

"Coming" I run to the door.

"She left and will be back later for the party so ca- can you just be nicer?"

"I didn't start, I was nice, I said hi and she went nuts on me!" I defend myself.

"She's sensitive, imagine what you'd feel if you were in her shoes"

"That's not fair! Don't pin this on me Paul!" I poke his chest. "Maybe you should pick better people to date" I huff and slam the door.

I hear him hit something else and go in his room. How dare him! How is it my fault! He should've warned her and let her know I'd be here!

"Ugh!" I throw a pillow.

I sit back down on my makeup desk and finish my Shakira hair. I dried it with some curling cream, and right now I was making breads here and there.

Doing my make up was simple, Shakira always looks very natural so that's what I was going for. I was half way through my make up when I heard the music downstairs and a bunch of people talking. I got up and walked to the end of the hall to take a peek at who's downstairs, there was already a bunch of people including Quil, Jake, and Embry.

I ran back to my room before getting caught. I sat back in my chair and looked at my face, I added some blush, mascara and jewelry. I stood up and looked at myself one last time before deciding I was ready to head downstairs.

Walking out was nerve wracking, I stood at the top of the stairs and before I can start going down, Veronica cuts the music and grabs the mic while standing on a platform. I stood still.

"Hi everyone, I'm Veronica for those that don't know me and I'm dating Paul" She points at him. "The host of the party!" Everyone claps for him.

I take a few steps down before she calls out my name.

"And that's Y/n Swan" She points at me and everyone turns to face me. "She is the reason why I'm breaking up with Paul, and before you all ask, no he's not hooking up with her but! They clearly have feelings for each other" She laughs. "But! She's dating Quil Ateara" She looks for him in the crowd and points at him. "And I think Quil should recognize what's going on here, but he doesn't no matter how much evidence I show him" she laughs again.

In my head I was so confused, what evidence is she talking about, I look at Paul who was already looking at me and we exchanged a few confusing looks. What could she possibly had shown him, there's nothing to show.

"So I'm taking myself out of this weird circle situation" she grabs a random boy and kisses him.

The music keeps playing and Paul walks after Veronica. The guys stare at me and I finish going down the stairs. A few people were still looking at me and few of those people gave me dirty looks.

Quil grabbed my arm and drags me through the house and outside to the back yard.

"I know" He says.

"You know what?" I ask.

"Veronica took several videos of Paul sneaking into your room, not just once. I couldn't believe it so I had to see it for myself and I did."

"Quil th-" I start talking but he interrupts me.

"I know Paul paid for this whole costume" He points at me. "And let's not forget you cute little room upstairs"

"I'm sorry" Was all I could get out.