92: It's True

Paul and I walked outside and got in his truck and started it.

"While we wait for it to warm up what do you want to do today?" He asked.

"Hmm Emily's?" I ask.

"Yeah we can stop by Emily's for a bit"

"And how about the beach and then some donuts at the dinner that's by there"

"Okay, sounds like we got a plan" Paul puts the car on reverse and we leave the drive way.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

".. when are you going to ask him?" Emily says.

"Maybe later on today, we are going to the beach after this" I tell Emily as I get up to grab a muffin.

"You better do it"

"I know I know, I'm just nervous"

"It's reasonable, but what if you guys are just meant to be"

"We'll see about that" I smile.

"Ready to go?" Paul comes in with Sam and Jared.

"Uh" I look at Emily and she nods at me to reassure me. "Yes"

"Okay let's go, thank Emily for the treats" Paul's smiles and exchanges a few words with Sam and Jared.

"Wish me luck" I hug Emily.

"You don't need it, everyone knows how much he cares about you" she whispers back.

"Thank you" I pull away. "Bye Sam and Jared" I smile and wave as we walk out.

"Bye Y/n" they both say.

"Did you have fun?" Paul asked when he opened the door for me.

"I did" I get inside the truck.

"Good" He closes the door.

"Did you?" I ask once he gets in.

"Yeah.. we mainly talked about patrol and schedules"

"Yeah can you tell Jared to calm down with the howling.. he doesn't let me sleep" I roll my eyes and Paul's laughs as he reverse the truck out of the drive way.

"I will tell him" He looks in his rear view mirror.

"So..." I said.

"Soo..." Paul's repeats my words.

"This has been nice"

"What has?" He looks at me quickly before looking back on the road.

"Us... hanging out" I said nervously.

"Yeah.. I know"

"Does it bother you? That we hangout a lot?"

"No not at all.. I actually enjoy your company" He smiles.

"Oh okay good" I smile and stay quiet the rest of the drive to the beach.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

"Nice.. it's not windy" I get down from his truck.

"Yeah it's a good day" Paul grabs a blanket and we walk closer to the beach.

"Right here is good" I tell him.

"Right here it is then"

We sit together and Paul wraps the blanket around us while we look at the waves crashing.

"So Paul"

"So Y/n" He chuckles.

"Isn't it crazy? We meet right here" I laugh. "You were such a jerk" I roll my eyes. "Still are" we both laugh.

"I know I know" He chuckles. "Who would've of thought we would be here right now.. together this time"

"Right?" I look at him and he looks back at me. "Um this morning I was thinking back"

"Thinking back about what?" He asks.

"Something Veronica said.. at the Halloween party"

"She said a lot.."

"She did but I'm talking about what she said about your feelings for me"

"Oh.. honestly it took you longer to ask than I had expected" He chuckles and looks at the water.

"Yeah same here"

"It's true"

"Oh" I tried to be as calm as possible but my heart beat was sky rocketing.

"But I don't think it's a good idea, I want to be fully prepared and mature to go forward with you" He said very clearly. "You are someone so special to me" He grabs my hands. "and if this were to go wrong I would regret it for the rest of my life, let's take it slow, spend more time together, grow individually before coming together" He finishes.

"Okay" I nod and smile at her.