33: La Push Baby

Saturday, if I knew how bad my date was going to be i wouldn't have made plans for today. I slam a pillow over my head and let out a loud sigh.

"We'll be getting picked up soon, so get dressed"

"Do we have to go?" I whine.

"Yes, plus it'll be a good distraction"

"You don't get it" I sit up on my bed and let the pillow fall to the ground. "It's Quileutes territory, I don't want to bump into anyone"

"By anyone do you mean the boy from last night"

"Specially him" I roll my eyes.

"So what you're going to let him get the best of you?" She crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow.

"No"

"Then get up and get changed" She closes my door and leaves.

"Fine!" I yell back.

I get up and pick out a cozy but cute outfit, there's no way I was surfing in this cold weather. After picking my outfit I walk into the bathroom, brush my teeth and hair, wash my face then walk back into my room.

"Hey Bella" I walk into her room

"Yeah?"

"Hair up" I pick up all my hair. "Or down and hat?" I drop my hair and put on my hat.

"Down and hat, for your ears"

"Got it" I smile. "Is that what you're wearing?"

"Yes why?" She asks annoyed.

"Just asking" I put up my hands in defense. "Sandwiches?"

"Ham and cheese!"

"On it" I leave her room, grabbing my bag and heading down the stairs.

"TOASTED"!"

"I KNOW!" I laugh.

I get to the kitchen and start preparing two sandwiches and pouring orange juice in two cups.

"Good morning"

"Good morning dad, coffee?" I hand him a cup of coffee.

"Thank you" He kisses my head. "Why are you girls up so early"

"Oh Bella and I got invited to La Push"

"Friends from school?"

"Uh huh" I sit and start eating my breakfast.

"Morning Charlie"

"Good Morning Bella" He smiles at her awkwardly. "Take a blanket it looks like it's going to be a windy day"

"No worry, I got one in my bag and surely enough one of the other girls will bring more" I reassure him.

"Alright I gotta go to work, don't be home late and stay together" He gets up. "Love you girls!"

"Bye dad love you too"

"Bye Charlie" Bella takes his spot on the tables and starts eating her breakfast. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Um" I take a sip of my juice. "Not really"

"We'll Im here if you need anything"

"I know thank you" as soon as I finish speaking a loud honk is heard from outside.

"That must be them, you got all your stuff?"

"Yes I do" we get up from the table and head to the front door, as I'm closing the door I get a phone call.
"I'll catch up I just have to answer quickly" Bella nods and walk to the van.

"I called you a million times last night, what happened?"

"It doesn't matter, you were right and that's it"

"Are you home I'll pick you up"

"I'm home but it's Saturday remember, La Push, Bella invited you"

"Oh right"

"Don't tell me you're not coming" I start walking down the stairs.

"I can't it's against the treaty"

"What does that mean?" I sigh. "You know what tell me later, what am I supposed to tell Bella?"

"Nothing, if she asks just say you don't know"

"Fine I gotta go"

"Be careful and call me if anything"

"Okay bye" I hang up the phone and get in the car.

"Is everything okay?" Angela asks.

"Yeah everything is fine, let's go" I smile and look over at Bella who was giving me a weird side eye.