32: You're Dead

Jacob's POV

"Don't cry" I wipe a tear of her small face, and give Quil an all knowing look before walking away.

"Here are the keys" I hear Embry tell Quil, then he turns to catch up.

"The restaurant is on the next block"

"You are going to beat him up right?" Embry's asks.

"No, we are better than him, and we will not lower ourselves to his level"

"So we are just getting the backpack and leaving?" He asks confused.

"Okay fine, I might punch him, just once" We walk into the restaurant and
Look around.

"There he is" Embry pointed.

He was more than dead, I'll kill him, bring him back and kill him again. There he fucking was, flirting with a waitress, not even ten minutes later and he already forgot at Y/n!

"Lahote! How many girls hearts do you plan on breaking tonight Huh?" He turns around. "And you" I point at the waitress. "I know you definitely saw he arrived with a girl, and you still allow him to flirt with you?" I scoff and roll my eyes and she walks away.

"What do you want?" Paul says annoyed.

"We just came to get Y/n's bag"

"Whatever" He rolls his eyes and walks past us.

We follow him out of the restaurant and a block down, passing the theater and to a parking lot.

"Why?" I ask.

"Why what?" He opens his car.

"She's so nice, caring, kind, giving, funny, she's just over all special and the best person, why hurt her? Why use her?" I ask.

"I don't know" He shrugs and hands me her backpack.

"Here" I pass it to Embry. "You are a dumbass" I cross my arms.

"Why, please tell me" He rolls his eyes.

"Because she defended you, she thought you deserved a second chance, that you needed someone to lean on" I laugh. "And you just proved her wrong"

"You know what Black? I. Don't. Care." He laughs. "She can cry and I still wouldn't give a shi-" I cut him off with a punch in the face.

"Don't talk to her ever again" I punch him again.

"You're dead" Paul punches me, I push him back, and wipe my bleeding nose.

I charged at him and we both fall to the ground with me on top of him, I throw several punched at his face. Until I loose my balance and he uses that to his advantage, he flips me and lands a few good punches. His face was red, and he was shaking, Embry had to push him off me.

"Just stay away from us" I spat as I got to my feet. "You're wasting everyone's time"

He didn't respond, he just stood there, shaking, looking very angry almost as if he would murder someone. He got in his car, and raced out of the parking lot.

"He's such a hot-head" Embry spoke.

"Let's go" I turn and walk back to the direction to Embry's car.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

The walk to the car was silent, Embry tried making jokes, but I was just thinking about what just happened. Paul has always been one to fight, get easily mad, but this was something different.

When we got to the car, Y/n and Quil were sleeping in the back seat covered in a blanket. I wish they would just get together already, everyone sees they like each other and it's so annoying. I know if she was with Quil he'd treat her right and she'd be happy, but neither of them see how in love they are.

"Do you think she'll be fine? She's a very emotional girl"

"I know, but she's also strong, we just gotta be there for her" I look back her her.

"Aren't you mad?"

"What do you mean?"

"She lied to us, she said she wasn't going out with him and she did" Embry parked outside of her house.

"I knew she would" I shrug.

We stare at her and Quil for a couple of seconds before I get out of the car and throw on her bag over my shoulder, I open the door Quil was leaning on and woke him up.

"What the fuck Jake!"

"Shut up and let go of her" I roll my eyes.

He lets out a whine and hands her over, I wrap my arms under her legs and back, Quil drops on the backseats, falling asleep again. I carry her to the door and lightly knock.

"Hey Bella" I whisper.

"Hi Jake, is she sleeping?"

"Yeah, I'll just set her in her room and leave"

"Come in, Charlie isn't home yet" She steps aside.

"Thank you" I walk inside, and up the stairs, I push open her bedroom door and set her down on her bed, pulling the cover over her. She shuffles to get comfortable but stays unconscious, I place her backpack on her chair and sigh.

"Who did you fight?"

"A nobody" I answer with a grin, and turn to face Bella who was at the door.

"Is she going to be okay?"

"Yeah, did she tell you anything else about Paul?"

"Just that she thought he deserved a second change, and that he needed someone to be there for him" She looks over at Y/n. "She's too caring for her own good"

"Yeah" I answer. "Thanks for telling me where she was"

"It's no problem, I had a bad feeling about this date anyways"

"I should get going" I smile, and she nods her head. We both walk downstairs and said our goodbyes before I joined Embry and Quil in the car.