70: Didn't Mean To

When I was saying goodbye to everyone, they had thanked me for showing them again what life was about. They thanked me for never treating them differently, and for giving them a piece of my life for the to remember for eternity. They gave me a burner phone, with their new numbers, and a big yellow envelope. I thanked them for helping me and with that they were gone.

When I got to my house it was quiet, Bellas door was shut she definitely didn't want to see my face. I walked into my room and closed the door. I sat on my bed and opened the envelope taking everything out.

Dear Y/n,

        We leave you this envelope behind incase you've changed you mind, we leave you behind an escape plan if anything ever goes wrong. In here you'll find everything you need, we hope we find our way back to each other.

                                                                                                                             With love Rosalie

There was a detail plan of how I can disappear, making it look like I had died, along with some some money, a passport with a new name and my picture, an address, and flight tickets with no date, with the new name on my passport. I put everything back inside the envelope and put it inside of my desk under a few books. I was closing my desk when I heard a knock on the door, I ran downstairs and it was Paul, he was early.

"Hey, it's only five thirty" I look at the clock.

"Yeah I know but the way we left of things last time, plus today, I just couldn't wait any longer"

"It's okay, I understand" I step aside so he can come in.

"Why were you at their house?"

"They are leaving town" I walk to the kitchen and get a cup for juice.

"Were you going to leave with them?" He stands next to me.

"They offered but I declined"

"But you thought about it?" He says in an angry tone, but I knew that under that he was worried.

"What's an imprint" I counter ask.

"I asked first" He argues.

"I won't answer until you answer" I fight back.

"Then I guess we are moving on from this conversation" He sighs.

"Now how about we watch a movie?" I walk to the living room.

"Yeah, find the movie and I'll make popcorn?"

"Yes popcorn and can you get the snacks"

"Sweet or salty?" He asks from the kitchen.

"Um" I flip through channels and find the notebook. "Sweet"

➺ ➺ ➺ ➺ ➺ ➺ ➺

"I can't believe you just made me watch that" He complains, looking down at me on his lap.

"Oh shut up you know you liked it" I lay look up at him.

"It was okay, too romantic for me" He plays with my hair. "Can I ask you something"

"Uh... yeah"

"When you called me, were you going to say goodbye?"

"Yeah"

"Why? why would you leave everyone?"

"Because I'm scared of my powers"

"Well you scared me"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to" I sit up and face him.

"I just can't imagine you being so far away from me"

"I'm not going anywhere okay? now I should probably check on Bella, she's been in her room ever since Edward came to say he was leaving" I stand up.

"I don't hear her" Paul looks up.

"She has to be here I haven't seen her leave" I run up the stairs. "Bella" I knock on the door. nothing. "Bella" I open the door, to find her room empty.

"She's not there?" Paul asks as I walk back into the living room.

"No, I'm calling my dad" grab my phone and dial his number.

"I'm almost home, I just picked up Chinese"

"Dad, I don't know where Bella is"

"Did she come home?"

"Yes yes, Edward was here, he came to say goodbye because his family is moving and they were outside talking, I thought she was upset and didn't want to come out of her room so I didn't want to bother her, but dad she's not here, I don't thinks ever came home"

"Okay, is Paul with you'"

"Yes"

"Ok, I'll gather everyone I can to look for her, give Paul the phone"

"He wants to talk to you" I walk to the couch and give him the phone.

"Hey Charlie... yes.. yes I understand... okay bye" He hangs up the phone and hands it back to me.

"What did he say?"

"He said he's going to put together a search party, and that you were not to leave my side"

"What?! we can't join the search party?"

"Relax, everyone is meeting up here, and we can be outside listing to the radios, and we should stay here, because what if she comes back"

"Okay"