54: Inside Joke

"What are you guys doing out there? come in!" A beautiful girl I'm assuming is Emily said with a cheerful tone.

"Thanks Em" Paul smiled dragging us both into the home. "This is Y/n, Y/n this is Emily"

"It's nice to meet you" I stretch out my hand for her to shake but she pulls me in for a tight hug that catches me by surprise.

"No hand shaking you're practically going to be my sister" She says close to my ear, I don't know why but I quickly wrapped my arms around her, as if I knew her my whole life.

As we pull away from each other, we see the boys staring at us with a cheeky smile, and soft eyes like they were admiring how fast we are getting along. 

"Are you boys okay?" Emily asks.

"Yeah you seem to gotten stuck" I wave a hand in front of Paul face, breaking them two from whatever trance.

"Its nice to have you here" Sam smiled, pulling Emily in his embrace and giving her a kiss on top of her head.

"Y/N!" I hear Jared yell as he comes into the room, picking my up and twirling me around.

"Hey Jared" I say with pink over taking my cheeks. Before Jared could say anything else a low growl left Pauls mouth as if he was warning Jared.

"Sorry, I was just greeting her" Jared puts me down, and Paul pull me back into his chest as Jared scratches the back of his neck.

"How about we get going?" Emily broken the awkward silence that was filling up the room.

"We are not staying here?"

"Didn't Paul tell you? We are going to the beach, eat and watch the sunset" Emily pulls me away and into the kitchen.

"Sounds fun, but very romantic" I giggle.

"It does huh?" She smiles.

"What can I help you with?"

"Could you pack all the food into this basket, I'm going to go look for blankets, so we don't get cold"

"No problem" I smile and Emily walks away.

"So what do you think?"

"About what?" I turn to look up to see Paul leaning over the counter.   

"Emily" He answers as I put everything she had made into the basket in a good order so nothing get crushed or messed up.

"I like her, her personality is sweet and cheerful from what I can tell so far, she did say something that left me think though"

"What is it?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"She said that's I would practically be her sister" I close the basket and look over at Pauls wide eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing I'm just shocked she'd say that"

"What did she mean by it?"

"Um... probably.... uh that you guys would be spending a lot of time together and become really close or something like that, I don't know" He walks away back to the boys that were sitting on the couch. That was weird.

"All done?" Emily comes in with a stack of blankets.

"Yup" I grab the basket.

"Sam we are all ready"

we all walk out of the house, the boys taking everything off our hands and putting them into the cars. Jared was about to get in Pauls car, when Sam called him over in a strong low voice to get in his car. His head dropped but he closed the door and walked over to Sams car getting in the back.

Paul and I get into the car, letting Sam pull out of the drive way first and then us following Sam close behind. I leaned forward and turned on the radio, letting music fill the silenced car. I lowered the window and looked out, getting a nice cold breeze hit my skin, closing my eyes and enjoying the feeling.

"I'd love to live here, in a cute little cabin, surrounded by nature" I smile and look over at Paul, who was already looking at me with a small smile also on his lips.

"That sounds nice" He looks back at road, we were almost there.

"Yeah, when I was little Jacob and I would dream of building out own home, he'd work in hs own mechanic shop and I'd be a veterinarian" I laugh at the memory.

"You and Jacob are very close" He said somewhat annoyed.

"I've basically known him since birth, I just wish he wasn't so stubborn"

"Yeah, I don't know how you put up with him"

"The same way he puts up with me" We both laugh.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah" I look at Paul.

"Has anything every happened with Jacob?" He said very serious.

"No, Jake and I have always been too close for anything" I giggle at his question. "Why? are you jealous or something?"

"Me jealous? pff nah" He gets out of the door.

"Oh really?" I get down and follow him to get the basket.

"Yes really, Jacob Black has nothing on me"

"Paul Lahote can you get any more full of your self?" I laugh as we walk to the others.

"I can" We laugh.

"What's so funny?" Jared asks as we get closer to them.

"Inside joke, that's all" I laugh bumping shoulders with Paul, well technically bumping shoulder to elbow.

"Good to see you two bonding, but let's set up" Sam said taking down the stuff from his car.