93: Didn't Take Long

We talked for a while, just about us when we were younger. Paul told me things about his childhood with his parents and I told him about mine. After a while it started to get cold and we got in the car and headed for the donuts.

"How many donuts?" The guy asked.

"Um just two" I said.

"Twelve" Paul corrected me.

"Okay" The guy said and walked away.

"Why twelve?" I ask him.

"What about your family?" He asked.

"Oh god" I face palm. "Okay I guess that's fine" I laugh.

The guy came back and asked they flavors or if all the same, we told him what we wanted and he said they would be ready in five minutes and Paul paid for them.

"Great" I say as I try to hide behind Paul's body.

"What is it?" Paul turns to face what I just had seen.

"What a surprise to see you here" Quil says to me.

"I was just getting some donuts" I said as nice as possible.

"With Paul of course" Quil looks at Paul.

"What is that supposed to mean" Paul says getting a bit heated. "You don't want to mess with me today" Paul takes a step forward and Quil backs up.

"It's just didn't take long for you guys to.. you know" Quil suggests that Paul and I hooked up.

"She's been nothing but respectful to you.. how dare you say something like that to her" Paul's voice starts to gain some value. "You're such a piece of shit Quil.. you never deserved her"

"Paul it's not worth it!" I grab arm.

"Your donuts" The guy says from behind us.

"Let's go!" Paul grabs them and tells me.

"That was a low blow, you know who I am and if you think I would just move on like that? Then I'm glad we are not together... grow up" I walked away with Paul.

We got inside his truck and he pulled out of the diner fast, he looked annoyed and angry, I knew if he stopped he would turn around and break Quil's face.

"Sorry" I said while shaking my leg.

"Don't apologize for someone else's behavior" He said looking forward very serious.

"Yeah ok" I look out the window.

"Don't be upset, we are having such a good day" He puts his hand on my knee. "Let's just forget about it"

"Forget about what" I smile.

"That's what I'm talking about" He said while looking at me.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

"And we are here" He said and put his car on parked.

"Thank you, this weekend was great" I smile.

We stare at each other for a while and my father interrupted us by knocking on the window, I laugh at Paul's reaction to seeing him outside his window.

"Hi dad" I get out of the car and walk around.

"Hi sweetheart" He kisses my forehead. "How are you Paul, haven't seen you in a few months"

"Hey Charlie" He smiles and grabs my duffle bag. "I've been okay and yeah sorry, I've been busy with school and everything else"

"That's good, school is important, have you found a job?"

"Uh no, not yet... it would have to be something part time.. since I duty with Sam"

"Sam Uley?"

"Yes sir"

"Why don't you stop by the station tomorrow?" My dad asks him.

"Yeah, I can drop by after 1" Paul answers.

"Perfect.. and we can talk about that car of yours"

"Yeah, maybe you can help me take a look at it" He smiles.

"This" He points at both Paul and I. "Is nice, that Quill kid is nice but not much to talk about.. although I haven't seen him in a while"

"That's cause we broke up" I tell my dad.

"Oh"

"Alright Charlie, it was nice talking to you but I have to get back to the rez"

"Yeah don't worry" My dad grabs my duffle bag. "See you tomorrow" He walks away leaving us alone.

"You don't have to go you know" I tell Paul. "No it's good, maybe he has a job for me.. working with your dad would be good" He shakes his head.

"Okay.. if you say so" I smile at him. "Thank again" I smile.

"Thank you for coming.. I enjoyed being around you, now go inside before you get sick"

"Okay.. get home safe"

I walk away and into my house.. and watch as he gets in his car and leaves.