15: Can I Go?

After lunch, Edward dropped me off a my house, and gave me a whole lecture about how I need to be careful, that if I needed anything to call him, and that I should definitely change into something warmer and less 'exposed'.

                  ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

"Hey dad" I said in a sick tone. "How was work?" I ask.

"Yeah was the same as always kiddo" He grabbed a beer of the fridge. "How are you feeling?"

"A little better, but I have a small question for you" I give him puppy love pleading eyes.

"What is it?" He sighs and rolls his eyes.

"Jacob said he'll have a girls night with me, so I can feel better, could I sleep over?" I clap my hands together and beg.

"You'll stay in the house?" He asks.

"Yeah daddy" I pout.

"And you won't sleep on the same bed?" He crosses his arms.

"Ew no of course not, Jacob will sleep in the couch on the living room and I'll take his bed" I cross my arms and roll my eyes.

"Yeah fine, you can go" He waves me off then I let out a huge squeal with a hug, and run upstairs.

                    ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

After dad had given me permission to sleep over at Jacob's I went upstairs and fell asleep at one. I still had five hours to spare and nothing to do. The only reason I woke up was because I got a call.

"Yeah?" I said with a sleepy voice.

"Hey sleepyhead, what did your dad say?"

"He said yes!"

"You seem excited" He laughs. "It's five forty right now I'll get you at seven, don't forget to pack"

"Alright, you better not be late!"

"I won't be late byee" He drags out the E in bye.

"Byeee" I drag the E like he did and hung up the phone.

I looked through my phone and put some music on to get ready. I grabbed my duffel bag and picked an outfit to wear tomorrow. I packed my pajamas, socks, three underwear because you never know and a extra shirt.

Once that was done, I sat in front of my vanity to start my make up. I did eye liner, mascara. For my lips, I outlined them with a brown pencil and added lip gloss. After I was done I decided to let my hair to its own thing, and got up to pick something to wear.

I chose this and flopped back on my bed, to check my phone

"Two minutes left" I mumbled to myself and like never before, Jacob texted me letting me know he was outside.

I grabbed my duffle bag and looked out of my window to the front yard, and in fact he was here. I crept down the hall, Bella was listening to music with headphones on, not paying attention. I flew down the stairs and peeked my head to find my dad sleeping on the couch. I quickly gave him a kiss and ran out the door.

"Hey Jake" I run down and grab his helmet.

"Hell no!" He shouted.

"What?" I scrunch my eyebrows.

"What do you mean what? Go change right now! And when did you get a tattoo?"

"Please don't make me change" I pout. "I have a jacket in my bag" I lied. "and I got it a few nights ago, don't say anything" I pleaded.

"Fine, get on" He rolls his eyes. "Let's go drop off your bag before we go to the party" I nod my head and jump on his dirty bike.

I felt bad about lying to Jacob, technically I wasn't lying, I did get it a few nights ago. He doesn't need to know everything, I'll put him at risk. And the jacket was a little white lie.

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

"I'll drop off your bag quickly okay?"

"Yeah, go" I smile and wave him off. I was so happy he had forgotten about my jacket, or lack off.

"Alright let's go" He runs back out, with his long hair blowing to where the wind takes it.

"Who's going to be there?" I ask as we ride to the party.

"Rez kids" He responds.

"Embry, Quil and Sam?" I ask.

"I know Embry and Quil will go, Sam doesn't hangout with us anymore"

"Why's that?" I ask confused.

"I don't know, he's just isolating himself"

"Oh" Was all I said, and we kept quiet the rest of the ride.