98: Not What It Seems

"No I can't and I already told you" I giggle and I try to finish an essay.

"Come on, it's 7 on a Friday, everyone is going"

"Maybe next time, plus aren't you supposed to have an early morning tomorrow"? I asked him.

"Yeah but it's only for a little while" He answers.

"Alright Lahote, have a goodnight" I smile.

"Goodnight Swan"

I hang up the phone and think about how nice and level headed Paul has been the past week. He has been bringing me lunch around 1 and will eat with me since I'm alone. I check the time and Paul was right it was 7:06. I got up and went downstairs to make myself a sandwich and pour some juice, I checked to see if anyone was home but no one was here. I frowned and went back to my room.

I was trying to get this paper done so I'd have one less thing to worry about on Monday. I had made a plan, each day I'll focus on one or two subjects and that way I wont stress and I'll also have time for other things. But it also may differ depending on how much work they give for the week.

The paper I was writing right now was for my English class and the assignment is "An event that has impacted your life for ever" for my paper I decided to write about my family, how my biological parents died and how my parents took me in. Honestly I've never wrote about this before so I'm not sure how I'll feel about sharing my experience and personal life. I grabbed my phone and called someone, I didn't expect for him to pick up but he did.

"About time Casper" I said.

"Yeah, I've been a tad occupied"

"With what?" I asked.

"I uh I'm not quite sure, my thoughts mostly" He chuckles but it sounded very sad.

"Are you okay? When are you coming back?" I asked.

"I don't think any time soon angry bird, h- how is she?" He asked.

"She's okay, better" I answer.

"That's good, how are you?"

"Lonely" I sigh. "I started home schooling this week"

"Really? Why?" He asked.

"Well because there were some things going on at school and it was just better, plus I have no friends there"

"I'm sorry things have been rough"

"It's okay, nothing too bad... that's not why I called" I told him.

"Why did you call?"

"I'm working on a paper.. and I have to talk about an event that has impacted my life but it's hard I don't know how to continue"

"You just have to speak from the heart and write what you think is right"

I was about to say something else when I awoke up, I fell asleep on my desk. My sandwich was half eaten and my juice is still full, I sat up straight and grabbed my phone, there was no call made. I frown and realized it was all a dream.