36: Waylon

The rest of the day Esme, Carlisle and I learned about my heritage. Jasper and Alice went on a cute date, Rose with Emmett stayed home and lingered around, while no one knows where Edward ran off to.

It's currently six p.m and the five of us are watching a movie in the living room, when Carlisle gets a called.

"Yes, of course, I'll be right over" He looks over at me and hangs up the phone.

"What's wrong?" Is stand up and Esme places her hands on my shoulder.

"We have to go to the sheriffs station" He says in a low sad tone.

"Why?! Is my dad okay? What's going on?"

"He's fine sweetheart" Esme assured me.

"So what's going on?"

"Your father's friend Waylon was found dead" Carlisle looks down. "We have to go, Emmett go get her backpack"

"Here tinker" He passes me my backpack and hugs me.

"I'll go get you tomorrow okay" says Rose and hugs me too.

"Bye sweetheart" Esme gives me another hug, Carlisle and I leave.

                    ➻ ➻ ➻ ➻ ➻ ➻ ➻

"DAD" I get out of Carlisle car and run to his arms. "I'm so sorry daddy" a few tears fall from my eyes.

"He was a good friend" He said in a very upset tone.

"I'm very sorry for your lost" Carlisle walks up to us.

"Thank you, they need you in the back"

"I'll come back in a little" He rubs my shoulder and walks away.

"What happened?" We walk inside the station.

                   ➻ ➻ ➻ ➻ ➻ ➻ ➻

After dad's explanation, he went outside and assisted the rest of the people working, by the way Carlisle keeps looking at me I can tell something is wrong and that it has to do with their kind. I was told to stay inside in my dad's chair wrapped in his jacket waiting for him to come back.

"I'll be leaving soon" Carlisle walks in.

"What's wrong? Does it have to do with...?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes, I don't know who it might be so be careful, we are going to have to be on guard"

"Yeah okay"

"Who ever it is, they are reckless and don't care to be caught"

"I'll be careful I promise"

"Thank you for coming here on such short notice and for bringing my daughter" My dad walks in.

"It was no problem, we love Y/n, she's part of the family already" He smiles, and I smile back.

"Thank you" My dad shakes his hand and sits on his desk.

"Um how are you going to find this person?" I whisper.

"I don't know yet, I need to inform the others"

"Okay, I have to go"

"I'll walk you out" I get up and walk with Carlisle. "I'll be right in dad"

"Carlisle, what's going on?" Edwards pulls in with Bella.

"Waylon Forge was found in a boat out near his place"

Killed by a vampire. Edwards directs his sight to me and back to Carlisle.

"I just examined the body"

"He died?" Bella asks.

"No he was mu-"

"Y/n that's enough" Edward cuts me off giving me a warning look.

"How?"

"Animal attack" Carlisle answers and I scoff. My poor father just lost his friend to a blood sucking vampire and they are blaming it on a animal attack.

"Was it the same one that got that security guard down in Mason?"

"God Bella" I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

"Most likely" Carlisle sighs.

"We'll it's getting closer to town, then"

"Is that all you care about, that's inside suffering"

"Bella, you should go inside, Waylon was your father's friend"

"Okay" she walks passed me and up the stairs. "Um, I'll see you later" she tells Edward. "Are you coming?"

"I'll be inside in a little" I turn back to Carlisle and Edward.

"You need to learn how to control your emotions"

"I have every right to be mad right now and what were you doing with Bella?"

"That's none of your business"

"It is my business she's my sister" Edward ignores me and looks to Carlisle.

"What are we doing about this vampire?"

"We need to stop them, they are getting closer to town and are a danger to the people"

"So what? A hunt?" Edwards suggest.

"I want to help"

"No"

"I wasn't asking you Edward"

"You're just a little girl, who can't control herself, you're going to get your self killed and we don't have time to be babysitting yo-"

"Edward that's enough" Carlisle raises his voice.

"No it's okay, he's right, one day with Bella and he already thinks like her" I wipe a tear off my face and walk away.