3

13 years later...

Scarlett's pov

"Hello?" I said picking up my phone that has been ringing none stop for the past five minutes.

"Is this Scarlett Johansson?" The person spoke through the phone.

"Yes, this is she" who on earth could be calling me? It's probably not important so I could hang up...

"Oh thank god! I have a Hailee Smith that needs you" Is she important? No? Don't even know who that is.

"I don't know a Hailee Smith" I deadpanned her. 

"Oh yes you do. Hailee is your daughter" when she said that, I froze. My daughter? "If you could come and get her, it would be amazing" she said snapping me out of my dream.

"Oh yes of course" I said and she gave me the address to pick her up.

After I hung up, I got a text from Chris saying that he will pick me up because he got the same call earlier. Apparently, Chris didn't sign the paper to give our daughter away. So here we are.

"You ready?" Chris said walking in my house and I just stood there thinking of what's going to happen.

"Chris...I'm not ready for this. That's why we did this in the first place" I told him while putting my shoes on.

"I know but we have to. She is our daughter after all" he said closing the door behind me and locking it.

"I've always thought about how weird it is since we're best friends" I said getting in the car and Chris just laughed.

Chris started to drive to the address the lady gave us and I started to get anxious. "Relax" Chris said putting his right hand on my knee and massaging it.

"She's going to hate us" I said looking out the window. "She will never forgive us for what we did to her" I mumble.

"Everything will be okay" he said and we got to the place. I sat there debating if I should run or not. Running won't do anything, Chris is way faster than me anyways and he will easily catch up to me.

"Here goes nothing" I said getting out of the car and walking up the stairs with Chris beside me. I knew deep down she will hate us no matter what.

"Ah you must be Mr. Evans and Ms. Johansson" the young lady said opening the door for us and I notice a girl with dirty blond hair behind the lady chewing gum, looking us up and down. "Come in" she opened the door wider for us and we walked in.

I notice that the girl had my green eyes, Chris face structure and my lips. She's beautiful. "This is Hailee, she's 13 as you guys would know" the lady said getting some papers. "I need you two to signs these" she handed us some papers.

They were papers about having Hailee in our custody and stuff like that. After we all signed the papers, the lady told Hailee to get her things.

"Okay" that's what she said before leaving to get her stuff.

Soon later, she came back with only a backpack and a small suitcase. "Are you ready?" Chris said taking her suitcase.

"I guess" she eyes me up and down once more then rolls her eyes and walked out to the car.

"Call if you need anything" the lady said before closing the door.

"She already hates me" I whispered to Chris.

"It will take time" he said before getting in the car and driving away.

The ride back to my house was quiet. And awkward. No one said anything. I finally decided to say something because the silence was so loud.