10

Hailee's pov
When Scarlett drove off, I noticed that she wasn't really paying any attention to anything.

"Scarlett?" I gently poked her arm and she snapped out of whatever zone she was in.

"Yes honey?"

"Are you okay?" I was actually worried. I've never seen her like this before so I'm kinda worried.

"Yeah I'm fine" I knew she was lying. I'm not that stupid.

"Okay" i just ignored it for now. We soon pulled up to her moms house and now I was getting nervous. What if she doesn't like me?

"Let's go" Scarlett said grabbing hers and my bag and walking up the steps with me close behind.

She rang the doorbell and we waited for a while until a woman opened it. She looked just like Scarlett.

"Hello mother" she said and her mom let us in.

"Who's this?" She asked nicely.

"I'm Hailee Smith" I said shaking her hand.

Scarlett's pov
After Hailee said her full name, my heart dropped. "Um Hailee this is my mother, mother this is Hailee... my daughter" I said looking away from them.

"Your what?!" My mom yelled and I noticed that Hailee backed away a bit.

"You heard me" I coldly told her.

"You shouldn't be having kids when you need to focus on your work" mom said walking to the kitchen clearly angry.

"This is why I didn't tell you. You would say things like that and make me feel like I'm not good enough for you" I said following her and Hailee close behind me.

"Are you sure SHES your daughter, her last name is Smith"

"I-" I stopped and looked back at Hailee. "Yes I'm sure mother" I said rolling her eyes.

"Whatever" she said walking away.

I sighed and turned around to face Hailee. "She doesn't like me" Hailee said looking down.

"No, she doesn't like me because I had you" I told her and she just nodded. "I'll show you to your room" I said leading her to one of the guest rooms.

We walked to the guest room and I saw my mother nodding her head at me and I started to get angry. "Why is your last name Smith?" I asked Hailee coldly as we walked in the guest room.

"Because that's my last name" she said with no expression on her face.

"No it's not. It's Johansson"

"Not it's not and it will never be Johansson!" She yelled at me. I was getting angrier and angrier by the second.

"Damn it Hailee, yes it it. Your a Johansson whether you like or not!" I yelled back. I'm pretty sure my mom could hear us but I don't care.

"NO IM NOT! I DON'T WANT TO BE RELATED TO SOMEONE WHO WOULD GIVE THEIR KID UP! I HAVE A FAMILY. I HAD A FAMILY WHO LOVED ME MKRW THAN YOU EVER WILL" she yelled at me. Ouch that kinda hurt.

"WELL YOU ARE RELATED TO ME SO GET USED TO IT"

"I HATE YOU" she said and got out of the room and slammed the door.

What have I done.

Hailee's pov
I was mad about all of this. I didn't want this to happen. I walked downstairs and into the backyard and cried.

I don't know how long I've been crying for but I got tired of it. So I went back upstairs to the room I'm staying in for now hoping that Scarlett wasn't there anymore.

I opened the door and she wasn't there. "Oh thank god" I said putting some pyjamas one.

It was getting late and I haven't eaten anything since breakfast but I wasn't hungry. Scarlett's mom told me that supper was ready but I said that I wasn't hungry.

I laid there in bed scrolling threw my phone. After a while, it was now 10:36 pm so I decided to go to bed.

Scarlett's pov
Mom called me telling that supper was ready but I wasn't hungry. So I went to my bathroom and took a shower.

I got in the shower and immediately fell to the ground crying.

I was there for a good 30 minutes crying about what Hailee told me and what my mother told me.

I finally got out and it was now 11:54 pm. So I got ready for bed still crying.

I just laid there... crying my eyes out not knowing what else to do.

Hailee's pov
I shot up panting. I had another nightmare. It was a bad one. It was about how Scarlett and Chris will leave me again and that I will have no one that will love me.

I dranked some water that was in my water bottle to calm myself down.

I sighed and laid back down thinking about the things I told Scarlett.

"I shouldn't have said those things" I told myself.

I then heard some light crying noises and I sat back up. I got out of bed and out the door listening to what way the cries came from. It came from Scarlett's room.

I quietly walked to her room opening the door a little. I saw her laying on her bed, her back facing me. I crept inside and closed the door behind me.

I climbed in the bed and hug her. I felt her tense up a bit but then she relaxed. "I'm sorry" I said and she turned around, her eyes red and puffy.

She held on to me tighter. "No I'm sorry" she said whipping her tears away. "I was angry at my mom and I took the anger out all on you and... I'm sorry" she said whipping more tears away.

"It's okay but it's my fault" I snuggled up closer to her. "I didn't mean any of what I said earlier" I said and I felt her kiss my head and i smiled.

Scarlett's pov
After I kissed her head and I saw her smile which made my heart skip a beat.

I rubbed her back and played with her hair and was falling asleep. "Goodnight mom, I love you" she said and she fell asleep.

Wait? Did she just tell me that she loves me? I looked over at her fast asleep. "Hailee" i whispered nudging her a little. "What did you say?" I hugged her again but she was still fast asleep.

I stopped knowing that she will be waking up. I kissed her head. "I love you too" I said before going to sleep.

Don't hate on scarlett mother and I'm sure she is not like that in real life. This is just a story so please don't hate on her. Thank you!

oh and let me know if you guys have any ideas for this or my other stories :)