31

Hailee's pov
It was later on about 2:15 when I get a text from Noah asking if I was going to surfing practice today. I tell him I was so I got ready for that.

Mom and momma weren't home so it was only me. I get my board from the garage and put my bag around my shoulder and walk out the house making sure I lock it.

I walk to the beach. It wasn't that far of a walk. It was a nice day. "Hey! Haiz!" I hear Noah shout my name and I run up to him.

"Hey" i plant my board in the sand next to his. "You ready?" I asked him and he nods.

"Let me introduce you to the others" he leads me to a group of people. It's not much, maybe six of them?

"Oh you must be Hailee" this nice girl comes up to me and shakes my hand.

"Yeah" I say and everyone introduces themselves.

We start to train and soon enough it was time to go home. I say goodbye to my new friends and walk back home. Noah asked me if I needed a ride but I told him it was okay since i like to walk. And that it wasn't far.

I placed my board in the garage and unlocked the door and I saw mom standing there in front of me looking pissed. "Shit"

Scarlett's pov
Lizzie came and talked to me about what Haiz wanted to surf so bad. I thought about it but I'm not so sure. "Let's go get a gift for her since we told her we had something" Lizzie says dragging me out to the car.

I left a note for Hailee telling where we are. Then we drove to the mall.

"Oh maybe a necklace?" I asked Lizzie and she nods.

"Ooo" she runs towards some wet suits for women.

Oh god. "Let's get her this" she picks it up. It's a black one with some white and gold on it. It does match her board but I don't know. "She can have it if you let her surf" she tells me and I agree with her.

She gets excited and buys it. We then look around for a bit more but then head back home.

We got home I called out Hailee's bar but there was no answer. "Haiz?" I look in her room and I see that her bag is gone.

I run downstairs and see Lizzie wrapping the presents. "You okay?" She looks up at me.

"Hailee isn't here" I tell her and she gets up and runs to the phone and dials her number.

We wait but I can hear it ring in the living room. Shit. "Where could she be-" I start to panic but then I see the flyer of the surfing club.

I look over it and notice that there was a practice today. "She went to the beach" I sigh. Oh this young girl is in trouble when she gets back.

Lizzie puts the gifts away. "She can have this later" she says and I nod my head. I then hear the garage door open then the door unlocking.

I stand there waiting for her. She didn't notice me yet until she looks up. "Shit" she said and she closed the door behind her. "Hi" she starts walking away but I grab her hand.

"Where do you think your going?!" I ask her. Her hair is still dripping a little but not much.

"To take a shower?" She makes herself free. "Oh and I have practice tomorrow again" she says.

"Your not going" I tell her and she looks at me.

"W-what why?"

"Because I already told you so yet you went anyways without our permission" I tell her but she looks like she doesn't care.

"Well I'm doing it and you can't stop me!" She yells and storms off to her room.

"DAMN IT HAILEE!" I yell after her.

Hailee's pov
I hear mom yell but I ignored her. I hop in the shower to wash my salty hair. After that, I got dressed and packed some of my things.

"If they don't want me to enjoy life then why should I stay" I tell myself as I pack some things.

I texted Kaylee that I'm coming over and that I can't stay here for a while. She says that it's okay and that I could stay for as long as I want.

I got downstairs and to the garage. I grab my board and walk back in. "Where do you think your going?" Mom ask me but I ignore her.

I walk to the front, I placed my board up against the wall and put my shoes on. I grab my board again and open the door but momma stops me. "Hailee where are you going?" She asks me in her calmly voice.

"I'm leaving" I told her and mom shows up beside her.

"Why?" Momma asks me. I whipped my tears away. I didn't know I had them.

"If mom doesn't want me to surf and have fun then why should I stay" I tell them.

"You can't leave" mom says stepping closer to me. "Your staying here with me"

"Oh yeah? Am I? Is that what said to me 13 years ago?" I look at her and she looks hurt. Good. "Yeah i don't think so. If you did, this situation wouldn't have happened and I wouldn't have to go to an orphanage" i tell her and slam the door behind me.

I walk down the driveway towards Kaylee's house. With my board in my hand and my bag hanging from my shoulder.

Scarlett's pov
What she said really hit me hard. I knew that it was my fault that this happened but I just don't want her to get hurt. "Scar?" Lizzie places a hand on my shoulder and in break down crying.

She quickly hugs me and rubs my back. "I'm sorry bubs but she doesn't mean that" she tells me but I shake my head.

"Yes she does. I know she does" I tell her still crying.

We stay like that for a while. I couldn't calm down since that scene keeps replaying in my head.

I really fucked up.

Hehehehehehehehheehehehhe savage Hailee.