32

Hailee's pov
"Ugh I just want to have fun!" I plop down on Kaylee's bed. "It's not fair" I whine and she looks up at me.

"Look maybe she's only being so tuff on you because maybe something happened to her while doing and she doesn't want it to happen to you" Kaylee's tell me.

It was silent for awhile. I had to think for a second. "Nah she would have told me about it" I tell her and she just sighs.

"Yeah just like she told you that you can't do the surf club" she rolls her eyes.

"Not helping" I tell her getting ready for bed. "I'm going back tomorrow and there's a competition on Friday and it's Tuesday so I need to get ready" I tell her taking my shirt off.

Yes I'm stripping down in front of her but we have been friends so long that it doesn't matter. "I'll come and support you! I'll even make you a poster. Not that you will be able to see it from the water" she tells me and I laugh.

I climb in bed, with her next to me. "Your funny but thank you" she shuts her lamp and i kiss her cheek. "Goodnight" I tell her.

"Night" she drifted off to sleep. But I couldn't sleep. I look up to the ceiling then my phone buzzes.

"Ugh what now?!"

Scarlett's pov
I couldn't sleep not without knowing where Hailee went. She didn't tell me or Lizzie and it's making me worried.

I'm sitting on my bed while I call Hailee. It rings for a bit until she answers. "What do you want?" She seems mad and I would be too.

"Where are you?" I stand up and walk towards the window.

"No where"

"Haiz tell me right now" I hear her sigh from the other side.

"I'm at Kaylee's" she says then it goes silent. "Bye" she says then hangs up.

"Omg" I threw my phone on the bed and pull my hair out of frustration.

"Woah stop before you go bald" Lizzie told me gently grabbing my hands and placing them in hers.

"What have I done so wrong?" I look at her and she smiled and leads me to the bed.

"Well I know I'm not her mother but maybe you should let her try for a couple of days at least and see if she really likes it. You have to trust her and let her live a little. That's what your doing wrong" she plays with my fingers.

We stay silent for a while. I'm thinking if I should. I want to let her but I don't want the same thing to happen to her than it did to my close friend. Well he used to be but he passed away because of it. "I just don't want the same thing happening to her like it did to James" I tell her.

"I understand but how will you really know it will happen to her?" I shrug. "You see, you don't know so if I was s her mother, I will do anything to make her happy and that includes letting her surf and join the club" Lizzie tells me while laying me down on top of her.

"You're going to be a great mother one day" I look up at her and kiss her lips.

"I hope so too" she pulls me closer.

"Your already doing a good job with Hailee" I smile but I feel her tense up a little but relaxes afterwards. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that" I told her but she just squeezed my shoulder.

"Hey It's okay and I'm glad I'm doing a good job with her" she kissed my head. "You are also an amazing mother. She's lucky to have you"

I just hum in response not wanting to talk anymore and just sleep. I feel her playing with my hair and i soon fall asleep.

Time skip to Thursday... cause I'm not about to wait that long. Still Scars pov
I'm in the kitchen cleaning up a little while Lizzie gets ready for the day. I clean up Hailee's little work area for school. She still hasn't come back yet and I hope she's doing fine.

I miss her but I guess I should give her some space. Anyways, I put some papers away and one slips and falls on the floor. I pick it up and see that it's the flyer for the surf club. It says that there's a competition today at 2 pm.

I look at the time on my phone and it's only 1:45 pm so I run upstairs to find Lizzie. I find her sitting on the bed all dressed nice for the day. "Babe get your ass up. We're going to the beach" I run to my closet and put some nicer clothes on.

"Why?" She gets up and follows me to the closer.

"We're going to watch Hailee compete" I tell her walking out and she follows me.

"But I thought you s-" I stop her by turning around and placing my finger on her lips.

"I know what I said babe but forget about that. We have a kid to cheer for" I pull her out the house making sure to lock it of course and run to the car.

Hailee's pov
I'm sitting on the sand with Noah and the group with me waiting for our turn to compete. "You're going to do great!" Maddison tells me. She's one of my other friends that I made.

"Thanks madds" I smile at her and I see Zoe, Kayden, Mia, Grace and her husband, Mike. I invited them to come and watch, well actually Zoe force me to let them come.

Oh and Kaylee's with them since they are cousins which I didn't know about last week. "Go Hailee!" I hear them shout when I stand up since it's my time to compete.

"You got this!" I hear Sam shout. He's also one of my new friends. I also invited dad but he couldn't make it but Kaylee said she was going to film it for him.

"You got this" I tell myself as I run towards the water and start swimming. "Don't fuck it up" I stand up for the wave.

Let's we how this goes...

Im really blessing you hush with these cliffhangers lmao

I'm just rolling with these chapters while I should be working on my homework instead