5

Hailee's pov

Saturday, October 16 2021 8:35 am (I know the math ain't right but let's just imagine real quick)
*chatter noises* "damn it!" I heard someone say from downstairs. I quickly look over and realized that Scarlett is not here with me anymore. Not here with me anymore?

"Shit!" I said getting out of bed and putting a random hoodie I found on my desk chair and I ran downstairs to see what was going on. "Scarlett?" I peaked into the kitchen and I saw her on the ground picking up broke pieces from a plate.

"Stay where you are" Scarlett told me but my parents always told me to help people in life.

"No let me help you" I said walking closer to her not really realizing that I'm walking in broke glass with no shoes on.

"Hailee don't move!" Scarlett practically yelled at me and I froze. I can be sensitive sometimes so this got me but I wasn't going to cave.

"Scarlett-" I said once again walking towards her, now this time trying not to walk on glass.

"Damn it Hailee just stay there!" She yelled again so I just stopped what I was doing. I could feel tears coming down my face.

I stood there, frozen, in some glass not caring if I have some in my feet now. I tried to stop crying but I couldn't. Tears just kept coming.

"Hello? Scarlett? Hailee?" I heard the front door open and shut then Chris say our names.

"In here" Scarlett said putting some glass in the garbage.

"What happened here?" Chris walked in but immediately stopped as he saw glass still in the floor. "Hailee?" He said and I turned around, carefully, whipping some tears.

"Y-yeah?" He looked down at where I was standing and quickly got into action.

He put some shoes on and walked towards me. "Is it okay if I pick you up so that you don't have to stay in the glass?" He asked extending his arms to me.

"Okay" i whispered and he gently picked me up bridal style and walked me back to the living room and set me down gently on a big beam bag.

"Can i check your feet for glass?" He asked me and I nodded and he lifted my feet up and gasped. "Stay here" he said leaving to get something.

I sat there not knowing what to do. From the living room, I could see the kitchen and where Scarlett is cleaning up. I feel bad that I couldn't do anything to help.

"Okay I'm going to need to take some glass out of your feet" Chris said coming back with a first aid kit and crouched down in front of me.

I nodded and he started to take some glass out but it wasn't much it was two small pieces. After that was all over, he gave me the remote and let me chose something to watch.

"Chris?" I whispered and he sat down on the couch.

"What's up Haiz?" He said then he noticed the face I gave him. "Is it okay if I call you Haiz?" He asked making sure. My parents used to call me that...

"I guess" I shrugged. I sat there playing with the strings on my hoodie which I now notice that it's not my hoodie. That's why it's big on me.