40

Hailee's pov
I woke up the next morning with nothing to do. "Good morning bubba, your mother and I will be going to the grocery store if you want to come" Lizzie says sitting on my bed. "Okay!" I quickly got dress. There was no way in hell I'm staying home alone again. Especially what happened last time. I put on some black sweats with a red hoodie and white vans. I ran downstairs not really watching where I was going. Maybe I should have. I then made contact with someone. A bit too hard. "Ouch" they said and fell over onto the next person. "Ow fuck!" That one was mom. I must have pushed momma then she fell on her.

"Babe you okay?" Momma quickly helps her up and she just nods. She looks mad. I don't know. I can't tell. "I'm sorry" I told them. "It's okay bubba but be more careful" momma said an i nodded. Mom didn't say anything. "Let's go" that's all she said. And walked out. I look over to momma and she just smiles at me. "What's wrong with her?" I walk out the house. "It's that time of the month for her" she tells me. Oh shit. I forgot they get those. Gross. "Oh" that's all I said. I never got mine thank god but I know it will come soon. I am 13 but still.

We walk to the car and drive to the store. When we get there, I run off to get a cart and wait for mom and momma at the front. "Can we get ice cream?" I ask momma as I feel like if I ask mom then she'll definitely say no. "If you behave" mom says answering the question. I just not my head and we walk in. Thank god there wasn't too many people so they wouldn't recognize us. Well them.

We walked around and got some stuff and put them in the cart. We paced the ice cream island and I sneaked one and put it in the cart. "Real smooth" momma says. Damn it. I thought I did well for sneaking that. We then got more things and now it was time to pay. I was still pushing the cart because it's fun. Mom and momma helped me but some things down to check out and I froze. Whyyyyy. From all people. Why him. "Haiz?" Momma shakes me and I flinch back. I didn't mean too. "Y-yeah?" I look up at her.

Scarlett's pov
I see that my two girls stopped putting the things on the slide thing (idk what's it's called okay so don't attack me). I look over and see them talking. Hailee was shaking. A bit to much. "Hey babe, can you finish?" I ask her walking closer to Hailee. "Yeah" she says and puts the stuff away. "How would you like to pay?" The man said and Lizzie told him. "Baby? What's wrong?" I tried touching her but she flinch back. "C-can we leave?" She seems nervous or something. "We have to pay b-" I tell her but I don't get to finish as she runs out of the store crying. Lizzie looks at me. "What happened?" She asks me and I just shrug. "I'll go find her" I said and Lizzie nodded. When I walk past, I noticed that the man gave me a smirk. I didn't like that.

I run out the store and look for her in the parking lot. "Hailee!" I shout but no answer. I look literally everywhere till I see her shoes on the other side of our car. I walk over and make my appearance and she moves away. "Hailee?" I tell her softly. She just looks up at me with tears in her eyes. "Can you tell me what's wrong?" I crouch down to her level and she shakes her head. I sigh and get up and unlock the door. "Come on let's talk" I give her my hand and she takes it. When her hand is in mine, I can feel how shaken up she is. But about what? I get in and sit in the back and she immediately climbs in after me and sits on my lap. I wasn't expecting that but it's okay.

I sit there listening to my poor baby cry. I rub her back. I don't know what to do. "Haiz can you look at me?" I ask her and she lifts her head up from my chest and looks at me. She just shakes her head. "H-he hurt m-me" that's all she said. "Who hurt you?" I move some of her hair out of her face. "M-man at c-counter" she says and I see what's going on. I knew something whay wrong with him. "Can you tell me where he hurt you?" I ask her and I can tell she's debating if she should tell me or not. She then points to her area and I got mad. "6 times" she says and I was about to go back in there and make him pay. "I'm so sorry baby" I said kissing her head. I don't know what to tell her.

We sit there and I think about how I wasn't there for her. To help her. "Mom?" She looks up at me. She finally stopped crying. "Hm?" I look at her. "The evil man is talking to Lizzie outside" as soon as she said that I snap my head in the direction she told me. Yes that's him. I swear to god I will smack a bitch.

Lizzie's pov
I finished paying and I walked out with the bags. There wasn't much so I'm good. Then I feel a presence behind me so I turn around to see the same man at the counter. "Yes?" I didn't know what to say. "Hi. Do you need help with carrying those bags?" He asks me. Weird. Shouldn't he be working right now? "Oh no I'm good thanks" I walk away but I still feel him following me. "Okay buddy-" he walks closer to me. Like a little too close for my liking. I'm starting to panic. "Hey back off!" I hear Chris' voice. Thank god. The man backs away a bit. But not much. "Did you hear me or should I say it again?" Chris is now standing in front of me. Between the man and I. "No sir" he says winking at me and walking off. "Thank you Chris" I tell him and he nods and takes the bags out of my hand.

Scarlett's pov
I see the man walking up too lizzie and I was about to get out of the car but I saw Chris walking up to him and kinda shouting at him. Okay he's got it and where the hell does he come from? I can hear Hailee whispering some things. I listen closely. She's saying how bad he hurt her. Then I hear the door open and it makes Hailee jump up 10 feet in the air. "Hey it's okay it's just momma and Chris" I tell her and she hangs on to me for dear life.

'What's wrong?' Chris mouthed and I tell him that I would tell him later.

Why does my baby have to suffer. Especially when I wasn't there for her.

Suggestions