7

Hailee's pov
12:15 pm
I arrived at Kaylee's house which wasn't that far from Scarlett's house. It was about a 10 minutes walk.

"Oh hi Hailee!" Her mom said opening the door for me and letting me in. You see, Kaylee's family was always my second family.

"Hi Maria" I hugged her. "I'm guessing Kaylee's upstairs?" I said taking my shoes off.

"Yup, she's just catching up on some homework" she said but she told me I could go up and see her so I did.

I knocked on her door and opened it to reveal her with her glasses on with her laptop open with some science homework by her side.

"Luke I swear to god I don't want to know what happened to your stupid game" she said not looking up. Luke is her older brother by one year and couple of months.

"I'm not Luke" I said closing the door and she looked up.

"Hailee!" She squealed and ran to me and hugged me. "It's been to long" she said after the hug.

"It's been three days since I saw you" i said sitting on her bed.

"Still" she sat next to me. "So, how's everything?"

"Eh it's okay I guess" I said looking down.

"You're lying" she said. She always knew when I was lying.

"Ugh fine. Chris is cool but Scarlett is kinda um I don't know"

"So what your telling me as that you rather Chris over Scarlett" she said and I nodded my head. "Why?"

"Apparently she didn't name me" i said.

"What the heck!" She said getting up and getting her baseball bat.

"What are you doing?" I asked her getting worried.

"She didn't name you so I'm going to beat her up" she said walking out the door but I quickly got up and stopped her.

"No! Don't" I sat her back down and she gave me a look. "It's fine it's nothing big"

"Okay" she shrugged and then we talked about school and what I missed Friday. Then I helped her with some science homework which was my strong suit.

"Ugh why are you so smart?" She whined.

"Because I am" I said which made her whine even more. I checked my phone for the time. It was 2:37 pm. Then i noticed that Scarlett and Chris both texted me and a random number saying that your parents want you back home. I'm guessing that was Elizabeth.

"I should get going" i said getting up from the bed and walking out with Kaylee following me.

"Okay but come back soon" she hugged me.

"Here's some of your favourite cookies" Maria walked in with a plate full of them.

"Thank you" i grabbed the plate and opened the door with my hand and walked out.

"Come back soon" Maria yelled waving at me.

"I will" I yelled back and walked back to Scarlett's house.

I walked back in silence which was nice. Until I got to her house. "Elizabeth?" I asked before she got in her car.

"Oh there you are. I was just about to go look for you" she said getting out. "Your parents are worried since you didn't answer their texts" we walked up the stairs and inside the house.

"I don't think they missed me that much" I took my shoes off. "Besides, the shouldn't anyways since they left me for 13 years" I said walking back to the kitchen to put the cookies away.