28

⚠️there will be some mild drowning idk if that's a trigger but still⚠️

Chris' pov
I drove Haiz and i to the beach which wasn't that far so it was great. "So what do you want to do when we're there?" I asked my daughter as we got out of the car and walked towards the beach.

"Um I wanna go surfing!" I didn't know she could do that. We found a spot and but our stuff down. "Can I go now?" She was getting inpatient and it was cute.

"Yeah put sunscreen on first then I'll come with you to buy you a surfboard" she started to put her sunscreen on but she stopped. "Do you need help?"

"You don't have to buy me a surfboard, I'll just rent one" she continues to apply her sunscreen.

"No it's okay I'll buy you one so we have a better excuse to go to the beach" when I said that, her eyes light up.

2 minutes later...
"Can I get that one!" Hailee pointed to a black one. It looked really cool. It looks like she knows a lot about surfing.

(Haiz surfboard)

(Haiz surfboard)

"Yeah of course" I told her and she hugged me so tight I swear I could pop any second.

"Good choice" the man said getting it ready for her. While he was doing that, I younger boy maybe a year older than Haiz came up behind the counter handing her a paper.

"My dad told me that you use to surf" he said and Haiz nodded. "We have a surf team here and we thought that you could try and see if you like it. By the end of this month, there will be a competition to see who wins and they bring home The Gold Board"

 By the end of this month, there will be a competition to see who wins and they bring home The Gold Board"

(The Gold Board)

"Really! Dad can I join?!" She took the paper and read the information.

"Well have to talk to your mom but I'm sure it will be fine" I told her as she handed me the paper to let me see.

"Take your time to decided and if you decide you want to do it, there's my dads number" he pointed to a number on the bottom. "He's the coach"

"Cool" Haiz said and the older man came back with her surfboard.

"Ah I see you've met my son, Noah" he handed her the black surfboard and it looks nice let me tell you that.

"Great!" I took out my card to pay but they both stopped me.

"Please, you don't need to pay. It's our gift" they told us and I thanked them. "Have fun!" The man said.

We were about to walk back when Noah stopped us. Well Haiz anyways. "Hey I didn't get your name" he told her.

"I'm Hailee but you can call me Haiz" They shook hands.

Nope don't like that.

"Hope to see you soon" he winked at her and she blushed.

Nope.

Really didn't like that one.

Hailee's pov
We walked back with my new board and I decided that it's the good time to try it out. "Be careful" dad told me.

"Yeah careful. Got it" I ran to the water and put my board down and started to swim.

Okay let's pause here for a second. Let me tell you that I don't know anything about surfing so it's probably not right. If it's not please tell me lmao. Okay back to the story

I saw the perfect wave come so I got ready. The wave came and I got up and started surfing. But something didn't feel right. I ignored it for now thinking it would be fine but I guess not.

The next thing I know is that I'm in the water getting pushed by the current. I'm trying to reach for air but I can't.

Chris' pov
I sat on my towel watching Haiz run off in the water. I then felt someone stand bedside me with his own board. "Oh hey Noah" I stood up to stand with him.

"She's really good" he told me and I looked over and saw her surfing.

"Yeah s-" I got cut off by Noah.

"Wait, that doesn't look right" he looked worried. I looked back and I didn't know what looked wrong since I don't surf. "Her foots not placed right" he took his surfboard out of the sand.

I looked over at Hailee and I saw her fall hard in the water. "Shit!" I was about to run after her but Noah stopped me.

"I'll go you get a lifeguard" he started running as fast as he could.

I ran towards the closest lifeguard and told him what happened.

Noah's pov
I saw that Hailee's foot wasn't right and I was right. I saw her fall in the water. Hard. "Shit" Chris said and was about to run but I stopped him.

"I'll go you get a lifeguard" I ran as fast as I could to Hailee. I could only see her board on the water so I started to get worried.

I finally made the water and swam as fast as I found towards the board. "Come where are you?" I swam around and I saw a something in the water and I quickly jump in.

I saw it was Hailee so I quickly took her out and placed her on my surfboard in front on me as I swam back with her surfboard behind me.

I checked her pulse don't worry. I did.

When I swam back, there was lifeguards around ready for us. I finally got there and I raced her towards them and they did what they do.

"Come on. Breath" one of them said.

We waited.

Nothing.

Soooooo anyways sorry for this.