51

Scarlett's mom in this chapter is obviously not like this I'm real life just saying. It's just a story :)

Hailee's pov
I decide to open the door even though I probably shouldn't. "Ah there's my favourite granddaughter!" Melanie said walking inside. "Where's Scarlett?" She asks pretending like nothing happened between them.

"She's not here" I tell her crossing my arms. "What are you doing here?" I ask her and she goes to sit on the couch. "I'm here to me Scarlett" she casually says. "Well she's not here so you can leave"

"Or I can wait until she comes back" she practically demanded to stay. I sigh. I can't do anything about it. I'm too weak to just push her out of the house. "Fine" I walked away to my room and called mom.

Phone call

Mom: Hailee? Is everything okay?

Me: um kinda. Your moms here and she won't leave until she sees you

There was a pause and I could hear her sigh. This will not end well.

Mom: okay I'm coming

Me: okay please hurry

Mom: I will baby just hold on

We say goodbye and I walk back downstairs and sit opposite from Melanie. "How's Scarlett?" She asks not looking up from her phone. "Well my mom is doing just fine" I roll my eyes.

"Did she find a new guy yet?" "No she found a new woman" I tell her and she looks up a bit angry. "What are you saying!?" Okay now I'm scared. "I'm saying that she found a new woman and she loves her" I smile at the last part.

"You're delusional" she scoffs. "No I'm not" "okay listen kid, your mom is not one of them" she says and I was about to slap her I swear. "Why does that matter anyway?" "It matters because that's not how I raised her"

"You didn't raise her. Her dad did" I tell her and she gets up and walks towards me. "Listen here you ungrateful little shit" she points her finger at me. "You are wrong" "okay?" I say like I don't give a shit.

"Don't give me this attitude. Save that for your mother" she tells me but I just roll my eyes. I'm not listening to her. "Okay I'm done with you" she says about to hit me or something but she stops when she hears someone yelling.

"I swear if you lay a hand on her it will be the end of you!"

Scarlett's pov
Hailee just called me saying that mom is at our house. Shit. We were already on our way there so it's not that far. "Liz can you drive faster?" I ask looking out the window getting worried.

What if she hurts her? "Yeah almost there" she speeds up and finally pulls in our driveway. She doesn't even park the car right. We just both run inside.

I walk in and see my mom about to hit Hailee. "I swear if you lay a hand on her it will be the end of you!" I say making my way to them and pushing Hailee behind me.

"Okay Scarlett" my mom says rolling her eyes. I turn around to face Hailee. She looks she was about to cry. "Baby are you hurt? Did she touch you?" I ask looking over her making sure there's nothing.

"I-I'm fine" she says and I see Lizzie walk towards us and takes Hailee away from all of this mess. "What are you doing here!?" I mad. She can't just show up like this after what happened.

"I'm here to visit you" "okay now leave" I walked away but she stops me by grabbing hold of my arm. Tight. "So who's the new man?" Is she serious right now? "I don't have a new man" I yank my arm off of her.

"Oh right your so called daughter said you are with a woman" she says like she's eating raw fish. "Yeah what about it?" I face her. "I raided you better than that" "no dad raised me" I defend myself.

"I swear to god leave right now" I tell her and she sighs walking to the door. "Who's this?" She sees a picture of Hailee, Liz and I smiling on the couch. Chris took that picture.

"My fiancé and my kid. Who else?" I tell her. "You don't deserve them" she says smashing the photo into pieces. I'm to shock to say anything. "See you later" she smiles and leaves.

Lizzie's pov
I took Hailee upstairs so that she doesn't have to witness anything if things go south. We go to her room and she hugs me like I would leave the second she lets go. "You okay honey?" I play with her hair but she doesn't answer.

"Did she do anything to you?" I ask her but she shakes her head and holds my tighter. "Did she say something bad to you?" I ask her and she nods her head. I pull her away from me so that she can look at me.

"What did she tell you?" "She said that mom shouldn't be like 'them' and she called me an ungrateful little shit" she tells me and I'm getting mad. "Hey don't ever listen to a word that woman says okay?" She just nods her head but I know what Melanie said will always be in her mind.

I hug her now for a bit trying to calm her down. Then I hear glass shatter downstairs and Haiz looks up at me. "Stay here and close the door" I tell her and she nods her head. I get out of her room and she closes the door.

I walk downstairs and see Scarlett sitting by the door crying her eyes out with a broken photo frame beside her. I rush over to her and she immediately hugs me. I let her cry until she couldn't anymore.

"What happened?" I calmly ask her and she looks at me with red eyes. "Nothing" she tells me. I'm not going to push her. She will tell me when she's ready. "Did Melanie do this?" I point to the broken glass and she nods her head.

I sigh and I continue to hug her until I feel someone else join the hug. I look over and see Hailee. "It's okay mom we got you" Haiz says and that makes my heart melt.

We stay like that for a bit till I decide to clean up the mess. I get up and kiss Scars cheek then Hailee's and start carefully cleaning the glass. Hailee is still hugging her mom.

I then forgot that we have to go visit Violet. Oh yeah that's the little girls name. Oh and she's four. "Mom look" I hear Hailee say and I look over and see her giving her a new phot frame with the same picture.

"Where did you get this?" Scar asks her. "Dad" she says and places it where the old one was.

Hailee's pov
I place the new frame where the old one was and mom smiles at me and I smile back. Then I remembered that we had to go see the little girls today but I don't know if it's the best idea now.

"Mom?" I shyly ask. "Yes baby?" She lifts my chin up so that I can look at her. "Are we still going to see the little girl?" I ask her and she smiles. "If you want too" "but are you sure you want to because-" "Haiz, I'm okay" she tells me but I don't believe it.

"Okay" I put some shoes on that fits my outfit. I'm wearing a purple hoodie with black jeans so my shoes a purple vans. "Babe you sure?" Momma asks and mom nods her head and puts her shoes on.

We walk out making sure the door was looked and the camera was on. We walk outside and I see the car parked crooked. "Why so that car parked like that?" I ask them. "Well when my little girl is in trouble, parking doesn't matter" mom says kissing my head.

Anyways, we get in the car and start driving to the place. I'm scared but also excited. I finally get to have a younger sibling. Oh I don't even know her name. "What's her name?" I ask looking out the window. We arrived.

"Her name is Violet and she's four" momma says getting out and I follow them at the door. Mom knocks on the door and we wait. A kinda old looking lady opens it with a huge smile on her face.

"Hi you must be Scarlett and Lizzie here to adopt Violet right?" The lady says. "Yup that's us" momma says. "Great! My names Maria, oh come in" Maria says and we walk in.

Here we go...