11

⚠️trigger and torture warning⚠️

Scarlett's pov
7:01 am
I woke up from some noises downstairs so I got up from my bed, making sure not to wake Hailee up. I was kinda hot so I took my hoodie off and placed it at the end of my bed.

I walked downstairs and I heard my mom talk on the phone with someone. "She should've gave an abortion" my mom said and I walked up behind her clearing my throat.

"And I would do that because?" I said coldly.

"I'll call you back" she said before hanging up the phone and placing it down on the counter. "Are you really that stupid? Getting pregnant at that young and not telling anyone!"

"I'm glad I got pregnant" I said. "At least I'm a caring mother unlike you" I said getting angrier. "I know what you said to dad, you wanted to put me up for adoption because you think that I wouldn't be successful in life. And look where I am now"

"YOU DON'T LOVE THAT CHILD! JUST LIKE I DIDN'T LOVE YOU!" Mom told me and I froze. I knew she didn't like me as much as my siblings but I never knew she would actually say it to my face.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT ME! I LOVE MY DAUGHTER AND I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR HER! I DON'T CARE WHAT I DO! I'LL DO ANYTHING TO SEE THAT PRETTY SMILE OF HERS"

Hailee's pov
7:29 am
I woke up to some shouting from downstairs. So i quickly got up and but one of Scarlett's hoodie that I found at the end of the bed.

When I put it on, it smelt like my mo-Scarlett. Smells like lavender. Anyways I went downstairs to see Scarlett standing with her arms crossed in front of her mother.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT ME! I LOVE MY DAUGHTER AND I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR HER! I DON'T CARE WHAT I DO! I'LL DO ANYTHING TO SEE THAT PRETTY SMILE OF HERS" I heard Scarlett yell at her mom and I froze.

"She really cares about me" I told myself. I went and stood by Scarlett and wait what else her mom has to say.

Her mom faced me and I got a bit scared not going to lie. So I backed up a bit and hid a little behind Scarlett.

Her mom was pointing her finger at me and I notice that Scarlett put her arm in front on me in a protective way. "I swear if you lay a hand on her, I will make sure you suffer" Scarlett said and I was getting scared about what's about to go down.

"Fine" her mom said and she slap Scarlett across the face and she fell to the ground. She slapped her hard. Her whole side of her face was now red.

"Mom!" I said getting down next to her making sure she's okay.

"Listen to me little brat" her mom said getting closer to me but Scarlett pushed me behind her. "You will never be loved in this family" she said then walked away.

I felt tears coming down but I quickly whipped them away. I need to focus on my mom right now. Oh shit. I just called her mom again. Oh well.

"Are you okay?" I asked her looking at her face.

I could see her eyes water but she stayed strong for me. I quickly hugged her and she hugged me back, crying silently.

"This is why I knew it would be bad coming back here" she said after a while of hugging.

"I'm sorry" I said getting up and taking her hand. "Let's get out of here" I said leading us upstairs.

Scarlett went to her room and packed her bag and so did it.

When I was done, I quickly texted Lizzie to ask her if we could stay at her house for a bit and she said that we could and she also said that we can stay there as long as we want.