41

⚠️talk about rape and abuse⚠️

Hailee's pov
"Baby, can you go sit with momma while I talk to your dad?" Mom asks me as I'm still sitting on. I don't want her to leave me but I guess. "Okay" i whisper and she sets me down and leaves the car. I sit there looking at the man who use to rape me back then. I was looking deeply into his soul that I haven't notice momma come to sit next to me. "Bubba you okay?" She asks me but I got scared. "NO DON'T TOUCH ME!" I say flinching back. If the door was open, I would have fallen out of the car. I then look over and I only see momma. "I'm sorry" I told her and she just gives me a sad smile. I didn't mean to yell when someone comes near me. I'm just use to it. I felt bad and I kinda want a hug. "Can I get a hug?" I ask shyly while looking down. I hope she's not mad at me. "Anything for my baby girl" she says and I smile and move towards her so that I'm sitting on her lap. Yes I'm still thirteen. WHAT ABOUT IT. You can fight me for all I care.

"I love you bubba" momma says hugging me as I bury my head in the crook of her neck. "I love you more" I tell her smiling knowing this will start a riot. "Impossible. I love you to the moon and back silly" she kisses my head. "Okay I guess you win... for now" she just hugs me tighter as we wait for mom and sad to finish talking. I don't know what they are talking about but I'm bored. I then heard a camera click noise and I look up to see momma taking a picture of me. "Let me guess... your going to post that on your insta story?" I look up at and she smiles. "How did you know?" "You do it all the time and I like it" I tell her and I look over and see her typing putting on a cute caption and posting it. After she scrolled thru insta, I for bored and I think she noticed because she handed me her phone so I can play on it. I do have my phone on me but I'm to lazy to get it from the front.

Scarlett's pov
I hop out of the car to talk to Chris about what happened. "Why was that guy acting like that towards Lizzie?" He ask looking a bit worried. "Let's just say he's bad news" I tell her but he tilts his head looking like a lost puppy. "What I mean is that he did something bad to Haiz, probably raped her back at the orphanage" I tell him without crying. It was really hard not to cry. "Oh he's dead" Chris said walking back in the store but I stopped him. "Don't. Not like this" I tell him. He probably still would have gone in if I haven't said "do it for Hailee". "Fine but we're telling this to the police and I swear if he comes near Hailee or you or Lizzie, then he's going to say 'hi' to Satan" he says looking really mad.

We talk about it more until I notice the guy walking to the front pretending he's working. I don't pay much attention to it but then It got weird. He wouldn't stop staring at us and I felt uncomfortable. Chris noticed so he looks back and sees him. "We're leaving" he says grabbing my arm and leading my car.

Hailee's pov
I heard the door open and I see mom getting in the car with Chris holding the door for her. "Thanks" she said and she looks back at me. "We're going home and when we get there, I'm calling the police" she said and my eyes go wide. Not the police. "W-why?" I ask getting nervous. "To tell them that the man needs to put behind bars" that's all she said before starting the car up. I had momma her phone back and she goes to sit in the front. I sit down and put my seatbelt on and roll down my window. "Dad" i whisper to him and he comes towards me. "What's up peach?" He leans forward so that I can whisper to him. "Be careful. That mans bad news" I tell him and he looks like he's going to kill someone. "See you later" I wave at him and he waved back going back to his car. I roll my window up and we start driving.

On the way out, I notice that then man behind the counter got into his car. I didn't think too much about it until I saw his car behind us and following us for a while. We were almost home and I didn't want him to see where we live. "Don't go home!" I practically shouted and momma looks at me worried. "Why?" I look behind me again and he's still following us. "He's following us" I said and mom looks in the mirror thing and sighs. "We're going to the police station" she says and drives off.

We were like a block away when I saw that the car behind us turned around. Yeah I don't think he wants his face showed there. Especially because of last time. "He's gone Scar" momma says while mom parks the car. They both get out but I stay inside. I'm not about to go in there.

Why?

You tell me...