8

Scarlett's pov
Sunday, October 17 2021 9:32 am
I woke up remembering that Lizzie fell asleep with me last night. I tried to get her off of me but it wasn't working. All she did was snuggle up to me even more.

"Morning" she said with her head snuggled up in my neck.

"Good morning" I said playing with her hair.

We laid there enjoying each others present.

9:49 am
"We should probably go down now" i said getting up and Lizzie whined.

"Can't we just stay in bed?" She whined. "Your my best friend so you would do anything for me" she gave me the puppy eyes and I looked away knowing if I looked at her, I would cave.

"Come onnnn" I dragged her out of the bed and downstairs to the kitchen.

I stopped at the bottom of the stairs, seeing Chris talking to Hailee about a baseball game that he wants to take her to next week.

"Sounds like fun" I heard Hailee's raspy voice.

"Good morning" said walking towards them with Lizzie behind me.

"I see Lizzie stayed the night" Chris winked at me and I blushed. He knows that I have a crush on her.

"Why are you here?" I said coldly since I was still kinda mad at him from last night.

"I want to talk to you" he said dragging me into my office.

Hailee's pov
After Chris pulled Scarlett aside, Lizzie sat down next to me. Lizzie wasn't really in her mind set. I could hear her talking to herself.

"I don't know if she likes me or not" Lizzie said forgetting that I'm sitting right next to her.

"She does" I blurted out and she just looked at me.

"What did i say?" She asked confused.

"You said 'I don't know if she likes me or not'" I replied and she nodded her head. "And the answer is yes" I knew who she was talking about. I mean it's obvious.

"How do you know?" She turned around to face me and I did the same thing.

"Because I know what love looks like. And even though I've been staying with her for like two days, I can tell by the way she talks about you and how she gets flustered when someone says your name"

"Wow" that's all she said and I got up and hugged her. She didn't expect that but she still hugged me.

"I'm a hugger so expect a lot of hugging from me" i said walking around the kitchen island.

"Just like your father" she said laughing and I sighed. "Thanks for talking to me" she said getting up and helping me find a bowl for my cereal.

"That's what family is for" I said and she smiled at me.

"How old are you?"

"13" I replied.

"Wow for someone that young, you sure act much older" she said handing me a spoon and I thanked her.

"It's a gift" I sat down and Lizzie got some cereal and sat down next to me.

We then talked about movies that she's been in and she was curious about what I'm doing in school and stuff like that.

Chris pov
I dragged Scarlett to her office and shut the door behind us. "What do you want?" She asked standing there with her arms crossed.

"I want to apologize for yesterday" I said and she sighed. "I'm sorry for the way I acted"

"No it's my fault. I shouldn't have yelled at you" she told me walking towards me and hugging me.