Chapter 22

As I was on my way to the parking in rush to catch up with Sanya, I realized my car is with Rehan. God! I'm going to get even more late to be travelling in public transport. I was in search of a taxI within minutes. I hear my phone ringing. Sanya! I'm sure she has reached. But to my surprise she has not. She just got a call from the designer that he is not free today. So she cancelled the meet and head to somewhere with Daniel. Cool. Will have some time to rest in the evening. I chose to walk back home.

It took me long to reach home than I usually do but there was no hurry no kids home, no parents so it hardly made a difference. On my way back I picked up some chicken snacks for Rehan and some burgers for Sanya and Daniel and fries for me.

But but, to my surprise when I reached home it was empty. It was not what I had experienced in the last few days. Couple of weeks I have had people to come home to. Whether be kids back then or Rehan...Sanya, Daniel but today it just seems so empty. But to face it all, these people are temporary. They will come and go. Anyways since I have a few hours by myself, I think I should think of cleaning the house. It's been a mess. So I get back after changing. from the living room to kitchen to bedrooms I found a lot of things that were difficult to trace, along with the script of Rehan upcoming movie which he had misplaced. I place it next to his bed.

Within time I realized it was already 10pm when Rehan rung the bell.

"Oh! What are doing? dirt bathing?", he says after looking at my not so clean avatar.

"No yaa. I was alone. Bored. Thought of cleaning it all.", I say placing the broom back to its place.

"Should have called me."

"Ahh! You must have been busy."

"Not at all. I just headed for dinner with a few people."

"Oh. Already done with dinner?", I asked him.

"Yeah. I'm so full."

"Had picked up some chicken stuff for you, while walking back home."

"You walked back home? why? car?", he says shockingly.

"Umm,some movie star Rehan kundra had taken it."

"Oh...yaa.I heard chicken?", he said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"I heard someone's full.", I raise an eyebrow acting to keep it in the fridge.

"I'm never full for chicken.", he steals the plate from my hand. "Would you like to have some?"

"No thanks I've had my coffee. Goodnight."

"Oh wait I got to speak to you.", he said placing his chicken stuff on the table.

"Yaa tell me. You want anything?"

"No. Come sit."

This is...I don't know where this is heading.

"Look we have a start up party tomorrow."

"Startup party?", I asked.

"Yaa you know like a bonding session before we actually head to shooting day after."

"Oh. Cool. So you want the car again. Go ahead."

"No."

"Then?"

"I want you to join me."

"Me?", my eyes widen. "Are you kidding me?"

"Yeah you. Please."