Chapter 2

Ananya had a very important meeting at office which would decide her professional future. It was about the place she was to be transferred. They better transfer her to America. Living in New York was always her dream. One of her cousin Sid is already settled there. Although not exactly in New York in but close by.

So here she was 3 am in the night still working on one of her client's financial plan. It was 7 in the morning when she next checked the time just finishing the work.

She quickly went and had a bath. The only thing that she needed now was a cup of coffee made by her mom. She could bet you that no Starbucks or CCD coffee can do the magic that her mom's cup coffee does. Her mom! What to tell you about her? She is just a super amazing lady whom Ananya owes everything. She is the reason for all her hard work. The only thing in life that Ananya wanted is to keep this woman happy. She is an angel sent by god for her in the actual meaning.

And here comes the angel shouting.

"Why have you been awake the whole night?", she places the cup of coffee on her table.

"I had lots of work to be done."

"Office is a place for your work to be done."

"Ok, Ok", she said.

Ananya placed a kiss on her cheek and was about to leave when she called and handed over a chocolate. No she is no kid but it is her way of wishing luck. She is doing this since her 10th. Every exam, every test this has to be done.

Ananya drove to office and came to know that the foreign delegates would be late by an hour or two.

"Good", she said

Not in the literal sense, but it just provides her some more time to brush up her preparations. Everything that happens, happens for good is what she believed.

By noon, she received the delegates.

She was all ready for the presentation. She presented it well and they were convinced.

That day ended.

Another important day coming up.

Sanya's birthday. .

The week before Sanya's Birthday had been really hectic. How correct people are when they say that college and school life are the best. But Ananya believes that every phase has its own pros and cons. But yes one should always take out time for important people in life.

Although Ananya didn't meet Sanya all day on her birthday, they decided to go for dinner. It also included some of their common friends.

All of them had a bang at the restaurant. That's when some of social media interactors caught them and were asking all kinds of questions. They were all directed towards Ananya. Because she was the most updated about the happenings in movies and life of movie stars.

"As you know there is valentine day in a week, do you have any special message for anyone special?"

Gosh seriously they have approached the wrong person, her friends thought after hearing the question. Valentine day seriously is the most overrated day according to Ananya.

Since the time she left after meeting Rehan days back, she regretted not saying a few things to him. Not that her opinions really matter to him, but as an admirer she wanted to put them across. So she decided to now.

As a pleasant surprise her message didn't start with "Oh Rehan I love you and kind of stuff."

"It's valentine's day and I know there are hundreds of people telling you that they love you, but I don't think you love yourself enough, because if you do, there is this one request please cut down on smoking. I know it destresses you but there are too many other things that could do the same. Just think about others. Bye. Have fun. "

No it's not that Rehan is chain smoker or something, it is just that he is quiet an introvert and doesn't open up a lot among people. He keeps things to himself which probably starts hitting him. And to get rid of it ... Rest is a history.

Too much about a person who has no idea of her existence, Oh no he does. He does. She thought remembering that meeting day and smiled.

After she finished the media interaction she just got back to the talks and heard Sanya telling one of our friend about the rock band concert thing. She did not believe her and asked her for a picture. How bad Ananya felt not telling her about the secret picture. But she had a plan behind it.

Ananya randomly called some of the friends to Sanya's house post the dinner.

"Why?",Sanya asked.

"You will soon come to know.", Ananya winked at her and sat in the car.

As Sanya reached her house right in the centre of her purple and white hall there was this big picture framed. A picture of the band member and Sanya together.

This was what Ananya had planned for her. Ananya had her fingers crossed thinking about Sanya liking the surprise.

And her expression almost left everyone close our ears tight. She was beyond hearing decibles i feel. The pitch in which she screamed was way too high.

"When did you take this?", Sanya asked her.

"Oh. This is photo shopped!", one of the friend Neomi exclaimed.

"No. It is not. It's a genuine picture", Ananya told her. But when she looked at Sanya's face she was all ready to murder the other girl.

"Oh just shut up", Sanya said and turned to Ananya "Thank you, Thank you so much, this is the best I could wish for. I was so guilty about not taking a picture with him and show some people.", she said while looking at the girl.

"I'm leaving", said Neomi.

"Oh wait I'm coming to leave you." Ananya told her.

"Did you like get a proof ?", said Sanya while Neomi opened the door to leave.

Ananya could see some kind of negativity on Neomi 's face but couldn't figure out what it was.

While they were waiting by the lift, Ananya asked her what was wrong. She told her that the last set of the concert ticket were supposed to be taken by her but Sanya somehow managed to get it and since then she is pissed with her. It could be her with the band member but only because of Sanya she missed it.

Ananya just tried to convince her that it's not such a great deal to affect their friendship so to let it be. She told Ananya moments later that even she was feeling bad about the way she behaved and asked her to apologise on her behalf.

Ananya left her till the parking lot and came back to Sanya's house.

She was still so awestruck that she couldn't believe that this picture had made way to her living room.

Ananya was happy to see Sanya happy.

By that time they realised that Sarah was not around. They thought of going and searching her in the kitchen, but to surprise she wasn't even there. Oh she was in the bedroom talking to someone on the phone.

Everyone then changed to pj's and were all comfortable for the night out.

Sarah's phone call did take a lot of time.

The phone call ended and Sarah came in the room dancing and giggling.

Actually she had applied for some course and a simultaneous job in Australia. And she had got that. How exciting that was. She was very happy. Ananya also hoped that her New York transfer would be sanctioned.

It was a happy night for the three girls.

(Heya readers,

A friend's birthday is often more important than any festival. The planning for the surprise, the gift and that expression on their face when you finally wish them. Trust me birthday's would not be fun if you don't have a best friend to plan it.

Anyways, do share your views in the comments below.

Do share vote and comment.

Hit that star down.)