Chapter 51

(Heya readers,

Time for some reading.

Hope you like it and are elated at the end of this chapter.)

"Ofcourse, it will.",A voice from behind spoke.

Both of them let go off the hug to find out Rehan's father and Ananya's New York boss Mr.Ben with a glass of drink each in their hand.

"Ofcourse it will work if you strategically plan this like all your other business deals.",Mr. Ben said.

The last thing she wanted today was to see him. She now regrets not sending her resignation to him.

"Now I know why you didn't come back to New York and didn't accept my offer.",He said sipping his drink."You have other plans of settling here."

She just stood there silent because she didn't want to create a scene but what Rehan's father spoke couldn't keep her mum.

"Rehan,my son we should thank my friend Ben to have warned us before we could get trapped in her plans. These girls are meant to come in our lives to take away all our money. Showing off corporate looks for a few years and then living on our merits forever. After failing in slaying and trapping someone in USA she thought you would be a nice option."

"You know quite a lot about people like us?Experienced? Have had a bad memory? I'm sure Rehan's mom knows about it.",She questioned Rehan's father while he was trespassing views on her.

"That is none of your business.", He said.

"Exactly. And what happens with me in which country is none of your business.", She crossed her hand.

"Ananya.",She looked at him in hope of supporting her but Rehan tried to stop her from talking in such a manner to his father."It ok. I don't think this conversation is necessary. You could just stay mum."  This didn't give her positive vibes. Someone who was promising to stand by you and fulfill your dreams couldn't speak when someone is claiming on your charecter. She immediately decided to withdraw.

She took a deep breath.

"Firstly Mr.Kundra let me tell you, if you listen to this man that means you are too easy to fool. Because he is a coward. A bad man behind this comport worm. I didn't return back here because of failed attempts of trapping people but I came here successfully escaping the trap. When respected people like him ask for Sexual favors for promotions and corporate upliftment, I think this is what everyone should do.",As she spoke this Mr. Ben caught her hand tightly and as Rehan gestured on saving her his father turned to him and he stepped back.

She jerked her hand and said,"It was my mistake not sending that mail but now I resign."

She gave a last look to Rehan,headed towards her room packed her bags and as she was leaving Rehan appeared,

"Ananya, stay please."He stopped at her.

"No Rehan. There is no point speaking here. I have had enough in my life and I have shared it with you thinking you will understand but today when it comes to speaking up for me you didn't.  And I can't be with a person who can't stand up or just support me.  I'm so SORRY.I'M really sorry.",Tears rolled down.

"You are rejecting someone who has never been rejected.",He said.

"You were trying to fall in love with someone who has never been loved so much. So it balances.  I guess.", she said wiping her tears and stepped towards the car putting back her bags. Rehan's dad appeared as they reached the gate.

"Thank you for the stay. It was a pleasure being a part of this grand affair but I think some people are too rigid and narrow minded to accept me. Anyways thanks.",She called in Rehan for a hug just as a formal gesture and smiled at his dad.

Coming back home, she didn't know what she had to do with her life. One bad corporate experience had shaken her belief. She eventually spoke about it to her parents. They tried to understand but in no way there was someone who could tell her what to do. She started applying for jobs in the city. But because she had left a job in a reputed company, everywhere she applied people were more concerned of why she left the former one. Was something wrong with her? They couldn't get her story. Nor she wanted sympathy by spreading the word about it.

One evening when she was home her father asked her to get ready as they had to go a friend's marriage. She didn't want to go as again people at social functions asked a number of questions not out of concern but out of curiosity. But she agreed on insistence of her father.

A guy came up to her and randomly started talking to her, telling her about his likes and dislikes. She smiled and heard him as a duty but was completely unaware of why is he even telling her about stuff relating to him unless she found her parents noticing their talks. She knew where this was going.

"And what is your marriage plan?",He finally put in the most waited question.

"Nothing. Excuse me.",She said and left the venue.

She reached home and staring at the walls of the empty house she thought 'whether marriage  is the last resort or the best solution if a girl is unsuccessful in things she wants to do in the first attempt. Doesn't she require a second chance. Isn't she allowed to take a stop and think all over again.'

Her parents were back and her dad called her in for a talk.

"Was that a way of leaving the place?",He asked

"Was that a place for match-making?",she questioned him.

"Ananya! Don't cross question.",

"What do you mean by don't cross question.  You told me you want me to go to this wedding where I don't even know who is getting married and then your send some random shitty accountant who questions me of my interests and thoughts.  Like why? I have told you this earlier that I want a second chance. Unsuccessful people also get one. I was not unsuccessful.  It was just not the right place.  Wait. Have patience. This is the 2 nd time this has happened. Why do you'll do this?",She said looking at her mother.

"Because we are worried for you.", Her mother said.

"So getting me married to a random guy will solve all our problems?", She looks at both of them.

"No,but the way you are rejecting the jobs you are getting can increase the problem.", Her father said.

"Those are clerical jobs. I'm not going to degrade myself to those.  I'm not saying that they are bad or anything but they are not for me. I have not worked hard for these years to settle for those. Only because they don't find a reasonable reason for my resigning my earlier job doesn't make my long in for anything that comes my way.", She spoke and went into her bedroom where she removed the mask of the strong career oriented woman to a teenager sobbing. She knew her parents didn't want to do it but societal pressures sometimes hassle their brains. She knew what she was worth of and that's the time she made a decision.

She was not a girl with dreams but a woman with ambition.

( So,

Many may feel Ananya is selfish or too focused to be real, but Isn't this what we should be for our ownself.

You are not what the world thinks you are. You are simply what you feel your are. You are someone you want to become.

Every quit is not a failure. Sometimes you just step out of places you don't belong. Failure is when you are stuck. But success is escaping it.

No one except for you can know what you are worth of. Don't take decisions in a hurry. Wait.pause.analyse and proceed.
It is ok to take breaks, to wait for what your worth. Don't give in for anything.

Belive in your strength and have faith on God. 

No effort of yours is ever wasted. Everything contributes in your success.

Happy reading!!!

Hit that star down ✌.)